ATLANTA, Nov. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- OpsDataStore, the company delivering the first solution to improve online service quality across heterogeneous and rapidly changing applications and IT infrastructures, today announced the general availability of OpsDataStore 1.0 — the industry's first big data back end for all IT management data. The company was founded on the belief that no single vendor alone can solve the problem of online service quality. In support of this guiding principle, OpsDataStore is also introducing its partner ecosystem, which currently features software innovators including AppDynamics, Dynatrace, ExtraHop, Qlik, and Tableau. By delivering real-time transparency across IT operations and application performance, OpsDataStore and its partners empower customers to proactively prevent performance and availability issues, and eliminate revenue loss.
"Every customer that we have ever spoken to is hoping for an end-to-end IT management solution that would coalesce and leverage all their management data into a single cohesive view — no matter what platform, tool, or API produced it," said Mike Matchett, Senior Analyst at the Taneja Group. "No single IPM or APM vendor, or industry consortium for that matter, has ever been able to deliver such a vendor-agnostic solution. Creating an over-arching insight that can drive end-to-end monitoring, troubleshooting and optimization is becoming ever more relevant within our increasingly agile, software-defined IT environment. OpsDataStore offers a promising heterogeneous data unification approach to finally solving this long-standing problem, helping IT manage as intelligently as it can."
For two decades, outdated legacy management frameworks and fragmented approaches to data collection have plagued the enterprise with time-consuming and costly solutions to service quality. OpsDataStore and its partner ecosystem address these challenges by providing a 360-degree view of an enterprises' application environment. This comprehensive insight into IT management data proactively accelerates root cause analysis and time to resolution of incidents.
"IT Ops is always looking for a simple and cost effective way to get to the root cause of the problem," said Larry Dragich, Director of Customer Experience Management at The Auto Club Group. "We have quite a few tools, and OpsDataStore looks like a promising approach to take Enterprise Monitoring to the next level."
Key features in the OpsDataStore solution include:
- Open Data Collection Architecture – OpsDataStore can consume management data from any platform and any management software product. The solution includes connectors for the VMware vSphere data center virtualization platform, Dynatrace APM, AppDynamics and the ExtraHop wire data platform. In addition to OpsDataStore, third party service providers, management software vendors and customers can quickly add new connectors.
- Dynamic Object Model – Unlike simple metrics stores or log databases, OpsDataStore relates items to each other at ingest time and maintains a continuously updated topology map of the entire environment over time. Any object (transaction, application, virtual server, physical server, datastore, etc.) can be queried for its end-to-end topology at any point in time. The model is continuously and automatically updated, eliminating the need for periodic discovery. The model is also extensible by ecosystem partners and customers for additional objects.
- Real-Time, Highly Scalable Big Data Back End – OpsDataStore is built on state of the art open source, low latency, and big data technologies, including Cassandra (time series database), Spark (stream processing engine), and Kafka (message bus). These technologies enable OpsDataStore to scale to any size environment and process large amounts of data in real time.
- Open Query Architecture – OpsDataStore supports both a REST API and ODBC as an API for data access. Related objects, topologies and metrics in OpsDataStore can be easily consumed by any management software application or custom initiative on the part of any customer.
- Support for Leading BI Tools – The OpsDataStore dashboards are implemented in QlikView and Tableau, two industry standard tools for visualizing data. This makes it easy for IT Operations to publish IT and applications data to constituents that need access to this information.
"Service quality issues affect the revenue, reputation, and customer retention of global enterprises that rely upon online services," said Bernd Harzog, CEO of OpsDataStore. "Through our work with hundreds of enterprises over the last several years, we saw the urgent need to glue together IT management data into an easily consumable solution. By creating a central repository for all IT operations data, we enable enterprises to keep up with an unprecedented rate of innovation while delivering superior online service quality."
Introducing the OpsDataStore Partner Ecosystem:
OpsDataStore is the only vendor in the IT Operations Management and Applications Management space that has built a multi-vendor big data back end. The company's business model was purposely constructed so that it does not compete with vendor partners, or charge customers a "data tax."
The OpsDataStore Ecosystem spans management software vendors across the IT operations stack from Application Performance Management, IT Operations Management, Network Management, Infrastructure Performance Management, IT Operations Analytics, Cloud Automation, IT Financial Management, to Service Management and more.
"As enterprises evolve to adapt to the digital business era, the need to consume and extract valuable insights from the data created by both business applications and their underlying infrastructure grows in importance," said Steve Gross, Vice President of Business Development at Dynatrace. "Our collaboration with OpsDataStore will allow enterprise customers to do just that by complementing operational infrastructure data with Dynatrace's industry leading application performance insights, uncovering new efficiencies while delivering a positive customer experience."
"The days of the legacy IT operations management vendors are numbered. The dynamism of modern IT cannot be managed by any single, closed management 'suite' or portfolio of point solutions that can't be integrated," said Erik Giesa, SVP of Marketing and Business Development at ExtraHop. "OpsDataStore is the first vendor to deliver an open data store that can consume data from nearly any IT Ops vendor, enabling users to combine and correlate across multiple data sets. By partnering the ExtraHop OpenDataStream with OpsDataStore, we look forward to ushering in a new era of data-driven operations for our customers."
"New applications demand new data-driven intelligence systems to understand the true business impact," said Debra Perry, Senior Director of Global Technology Partners for Qlik, a leader in visual analytics. "Today's application management solutions generate huge amounts of data that can be sliced and diced in limitless ways. The result is that IT staff are presented with huge amounts of performance data they need to sift through in order to find the needle in the haystack. Partnering with OpsDataStore brings all the associative search capabilities of Qlik as well as the ability to explore information freely without being confined to a limited data set or a defined path of questions."
"We help people see and understand data," said Todd Talkington, Senior Technology Partner Manager for Tableau Software. "OpsDataStore has brought the world of IT Operations and Application Management to our customers — so they can better understand how to improve service quality."
This announcement comes on the heels of OpsDataStore's recent company launch.
OpsDataStore delivers the industry's first solution to online service quality issues for distributed, dynamic and diverse environments and applications by providing real-time operational transparency across the IT stack. OpsDataStore provides a real-time big data back end and partners with leading management software vendors to provide customers a flexible best of breed solution to their online service quality issues. This allows customers to improve online service quality, increase business agility and drive revenue. Founded in 2015, OpsDataStore is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. To read more, visit the OpsDataStore blog at http://opsdatastore.com/blog/.