REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recently published report from Dell'Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT industries, the Optical Transport Equipment market almost hit $4 B in 2Q16, growing six percent year-over year. Huawei, the market leader by revenue share, surpassed the $1 B quarterly revenue run rate for the first time. The only other vendor to better this revenue level was Nortel during the telecom boom cycle of 2000.
"The second quarter of 2016 was another great quarter for the Optical Transport market," said Jimmy Yu, Vice President at Dell'Oro Group. "However, it wasn't an outstanding quarter. It was actually quite turbulent with a number of highs and lows," added Yu.
Optical Transport Market Highlights — 2Q16
- Revenue from deployments in China grew 20 percent year-over-year.
- Shipments of 100/200 Gbps DWDM wavelengths doubled year-over-year.
- DWDM Long Haul revenue grew at 18 percent year-over-year, much higher than expected.
Optical Transport Market Lowlights — 2Q16
- Excluding sales to China, the Optical Transport market revenue stagnated with a zero percent year-over-year growth rate.
- Average market prices for 100/200 Gbps DWDM wavelengths declined at a higher than typical rate due to the rising sales in China and competition among equipment manufacturers.
- WDM Metro revenue grew at only three percent year-over-year, less than expected.
About the Report
The Dell'Oro Group Optical Transport Quarterly Report offers complete, in-depth coverage of the market with tables covering manufacturers' revenue, average selling prices, unit shipments (by speed including 40 Gbps, 100 Gbps, and >100 Gbps). The report tracks DWDM long haul terrestrial, WDM metro, multiservice multiplexers (SONET/SDH), optical switch, and optical packet platforms. To purchase this report, call Matt Dear at +1.650.622.9400 x223 or email [email protected].
About Dell'Oro Group
Dell'Oro Group is a market research firm that specializes in strategic competitive analysis in the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT markets. Our firm provides in-depth quantitative data and qualitative analysis to facilitate critical, fact-based business decisions. For more information, contact Dell'Oro Group at +1.650.622.9400 or visit www.delloro.com.
SOURCE Dell'Oro Group