SACRAMENTO, Calif., May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In December 2016, Health Affairs journal published its first-ever theme issue on oral health. Studies examined the topic from many angles, including how to expand access to care, diversify the oral health workforce, and improve public programs to accomplish both.
The program will include presentations from several authors whose studies appeared in the December 2016 issue, with particular emphasis on the oral health safety net for California's adults.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Pac.)
Sheraton Grand Sacramento
1230 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The event will be on the record and open to cameras.
Speakers will include:
- Karen Becerra, CEO and Dental Director, Gary and Mary West Senior Dental Center
- Judy Belk, President and CEO, The California Wellness Foundation
- James Crall, Professor and Chair, Division of Public Health and Community Dentistry, UCLA School of Dentistry
- Peter Damiano, Director, Public Policy Center and Professor, Preventive and Community Dentistry, University of Iowa Public Policy Center
- Paul Glassman, Professor of Dental Practice, Director, Community Oral Health Director, Pacific Center for Special Care, University of the Pacific
- Jane Koppelman, Research Director, Pew Charitable Trusts Dental Campaign
- Tim Lash, Chief Strategy Officer, Gary and Mary West Foundation
- Laura Marcus, Executive Director, Dientes Community Dental Care
- Elizabeth Mertz, Associate Professor, Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, and Faculty, Healthforce Center, Affiliate Faculty, Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, School of Dentistry, University of California, San Francisco
- Marko Vujicic, Chief Economist & Vice President, Health Policy Institute, American Dental Association
- Alan Weil, Editor in Chief, Health Affairs
- Anthony Wright, Executive Director, Health Access California
For more information about this event, please contact email@example.com
Health Affairs is grateful to The California Wellness Foundation and the Gary and Mary West Foundation for their support of this event.
Health Affairs is the leading peer-reviewed journal at the intersection of health, health care, and policy. Published monthly by Project HOPE, the journal is available in print, online, and on mobile and iPad app. Additional and late-breaking content is found at www.healthaffairs.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oral-health-in-california-300455354.html
SOURCE Health Affairs