FORT COLLINS, Colo., Jan. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- OtterBox, the No. 1-most trusted brand in smartphone case protection, is expanding the modular uniVERSE Case System with new accessory partners and cases for iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro 9.7-inch.
The uniVERSE Case System, a CES 2017 Innovation Award honoree, combines trusted OtterBox protection with a modular platform to expand iPhone and iPad features.1 On iPad, the uniVERSE case boasts even more connection points, including two slotted rails that connect to a variety of modules, a new center connection point for mounting accessories and a removable spine where keyboards can be easily attached.
"OtterBox developed uniVERSE to bring together industry leaders and cutting-edge innovators, building a diverse mobile ecosystem," said OtterBox CEO Jim Parke. "With cases and accessories launching for iPad and the addition of more than a dozen new accessory partners, the uniVERSE Case System is showing how customized mobile devices can truly be."
Partnering with experts across a variety of mobile accessory fields, OtterBox uniVERSE Case System creates a customizable experience for consumers and businesses. Find iPad more readily with a Bluetooth tracker, make more precise measurements with a laser measurement tool or add a full keyboard – the possibilities are endless.
New accessories being unveiled at CES include:
- StabylCam StabylRig Image Stabilizer – handheld video and photo stabilizer for clear, crisp imagery and recording
- Tile Slim Bluetooth Tracker – quickly find keys, smartphones and other valuables
- olloclip Lens Set for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus – professional-style lenses to make the best photos and videos even better.
- Wagner wallets and multi-tools – carry credit cards and a variety of tool functions like a knife, bottle opener, saw, hex and more
- PopSockets Grip – get a grip on iPhone with a telescoping grip and viewing stand
- HANSNAP – multi-adjustable hand strap for easy filming and screen viewing
- ECO Sensors SPARROW Portable Air Monitor – a wearable environmental health and safety monitor that measures air quality and alerts the user of life threatening situations. Launching an Indiegogo campaign, SPARROW is 25 percent off for the first 500 units sold during CES: https://igg.me/at/SPARROWsense
- Brydge 9.7 Keyboard – maximize the functionality of iPad while providing the productivity of a laptop with this stylish, high-grade aluminum keyboard
- ikeGPS Spike Laser Measurement Tool – comprehensive but simple-to-use smartphone laser measurement solution
- FIRST Healthcare Magnetic Positioning Arm – position tablet in space near workstation for hands-free work
The uniVERSE Case System is available now for iPhone 6/6s, iPhone 6/6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus at otterbox.com, and coming soon for iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro 9.7". For availability on new module accessories, visit otterbox.com/universe-case-system.
OtterBox boldly innovates and designs premium protective cases for smartphones and tablets. From its humble beginnings in a Fort Collins, Colo., garage, OtterBox has evolved its product lines to meet the needs of today's mobile consumer to become the No. 1 selling smartphone case in the U.S.1 From rugged to versatile to fashionable, OtterBox has a product for every lifestyle.
At the center of every OtterBox innovation is a deeper goal to effect positive, lasting change. In partnership with the OtterCares Foundation, OtterBox grows to give back by inspiring kids to change the world through entrepreneurship and philanthropy. To learn more about this mission, visit otterbox.com/givingback.
For more information, visit www.otterbox.com.
1 uniVERSE case is NOT protective against water. Will provide added protection against bumps, drops and shock.
2 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service: Cell Phone Device Protection/Units Sold 1/2012 – 7/2016
©2017 Otter Products, LLC. All rights reserved. OtterBox and all OtterBox logos, trademarks and symbols are the property of Otter Products, LLC. All other logos, trademarks and symbols are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/otterbox-expands-universe-case-system-to-ipad-at-ces-2017-300386317.html