PITTSBURGH, Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Net Health, the leader in software solutions for outpatient specialty care, has announced the availability of The Outpatient Wound Clinic Market Performance Report, developed using data from more than 700,000 patients and more than 1.5 million individual wounds documented in the WoundExpert® software, Net Health's Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for wound management.
Based on a review of wound data from 2010 through 2012, the report provides findings about wound clinic performance and clinical outcomes from the provider of the largest EMR solution in the industry. Key findings include:
- Wound clinic utilization is increasing. In the three year study period, average monthly wound clinic visits increased from 263 to 324.
- Clinics continue to shift from individual physicians to a physician panel, with 90% of clinics using three or more physicians to provide clinical services.
- Advanced therapies are improving outcomes. The report finds that diabetic ulcers treated during the 2010-2012 research period healed approximately 40% faster using advanced therapies versus ulcers treated with conventional therapies, as measured by days to heal.
- This report also provides targeted trending data regarding utilization of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and advanced therapies.
Wound clinics, hospitals, and therapy manufacturers can find detailed, actionable data about wound clinic performance, patient and wound volumes, and therapies. Based on a subset of unique data from 550 clinics using Net Health software, the report provides benchmarking and trending data on key areas of wound care practice and activities, including:
- Overview of the wound care industry, including conditions, treatments and clinical settings
- Wound clinic patient admission and visit volume
- Referral patterns
- Patient demographics and statistics
- Wound statistics, including type, prevalence, staging, grading, and trending
- Diagnoses and treatments
The Outpatient Wound Clinic Market Performance Report is the first public offering from Net Health Analytics and will be available for purchase in October, 2013. For information, contact [email protected] or call 800-411-6281, ext. 3.
Learn more about Net Health Analytics.
About Net Health
Net Health is the leader in software solutions for outpatient specialty care. The company's certified Electronic Health Records (EHR) are utilized by more than 30,000 healthcare professionals in more than 1,800 facilities to record clinical procedures and drive financial results while improving patient care and outcomes. The WoundExpert® software provides integrated clinical, financial, and regulatory solutions to enhance patient care and facility performance across the wound care continuum. Net Health's database of over 6 million patient encounters represents the largest independent source of chronic wound benchmarking data in the industry. Agility EHR™ 10 is the only ARRA-certified and CCHIT Certified® 2011 Complete EHR that addresses the needs of urgent care and occupational health providers, as well as hospital employee health, available in both an individual provider and enterprise health system configurations. The Agility software has served hospitals for over 20 years and tracks data for hundreds of thousands of health care workers in the US. Learn more at www.nhsinc.com.
SOURCE Net Health