PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to feeding hungry football fans, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the leading food and beverage provider to 11 NFL teams, has the winning game plan. Serving more than six million football fans each season, Aramark's team of chefs have compiled easy tips, recipes and video demonstrations, at aramark.com/gameday, to ensure your Big Game celebration scores a touchdown with your guests.
Bring the stadium food scene into your home. Even if your favorite team isn't playing in the Big Game, you can still recreate signature tastes from the stadium at home. From crab tots to tacos, we've collected fan favorite recipes from our stadium chefs, and some from our great celebrity chef partners, like Rocco Whalen, and James Beard Award winners, Chris Shepherd and Jonathon Sawyer.
- Arrowhead Short Rib Melt (Arrowhead Stadium)- Braised short rib with caramelized onions and three types of cheese, sandwiched between Texas Toast.
- Bears Chili (Soldier Field)- A hearty combination of beef, beans and spices.
- Beef Brisket Meatball Sandwich (Lincoln Financial Field)- Juicy meatballs loaded with asiago cheese.
- Chris Shepherd's PB&J Wings (NRG Stadium)- A twist of the traditional chicken wing- sticky and sweet.
- Jonathon Sawyer's GHT Crispy Chicken Wings (FirstEnergy Stadium)- Crispy chicken wings tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce.
- M&T Bank Stadium Crab Tots (M&T Bank Stadium)- Chesapeake-inspired combination of crab, cheese and tater tots.
- Rocco Whalen's Rustbelt (FirstEnergy Stadium)- Chicken Philly cheesesteak sandwich, with a Buffalo sauce kick.
- Tampa Tacos (Raymond James Stadium)- Slow smoked pork with fresh veggies, beans and herbs.
Get tips from a pro. Aramark Senior Executive Chef Glenn Richmond let us tag along as he prepared three of his game day favorites. Perfect for a crowd, these recipes are packed with flavor and provide short cuts, so you don't spend too much time on the sidelines. Click on the links below, to watch how to make these recipes step by step.
Be creative and include healthier snacks. Take your game day spread to the next level by incorporating new and unique recipes. The following healthy recipes and tips are packed with flavor and are a great compliment to traditional snacks.
- Do the dip- Include non-traditional dips, like hummus or yogurt, along with pita slices, raw veggies and sliced fruit. Try our recipe for Sweet Potato Hummus.
- Go nuts- Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews and hazelnuts are great snacks and are filled with vitamins, potassium, fiber and unsaturated (good) fat.
- Mix it up- Make a snack mix with dried raisins, pineapples, bananas and cherries. Add your favorite nuts for some extra crunch.
- Try nature's candy- Satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh fruit. Try chocolate covered strawberry footballs- dunk fresh strawberries into dark chocolate, then pipe white chocolate lines, to mimic a football's laces.
Stay safe and avoid the yellow flag at your game day party. Safety is just as an important ingredient on the game day menu, as the food itself! Follow these tips to stay safe in the kitchen:
- Always wash your hands BEFORE starting to prepare food and in between tasks. Handwashing is critical to preparing safe food.
- Plan ahead and thaw frozen food in the refrigerator. For every 5 pounds (2kg 270g) of large frozen food, allow 24 hours of refrigerator thawing time. Place the food in a tray or container deep enough to collect any draining fluids to prevent contamination of other foods in your refrigerator.
- Cook your raw meat products to the minimum internal temperatures as stated on the product packaging.
- Keep it clean! It is important to thoroughly clean kitchen counters, cutting boards, utensils to prevent cross contamination.
- Leftovers must be cooled to below 70F (21C) within 2 hours, and then to 41F (5C) or below within 4 hours.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you must leave the kitchen, turn off the stove.
- Keep anything that can catch fire –pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging –away from your stove top.
Aramark is the proud facilities partner of the 2016 AFC Champions, the Denver Broncos, and also partners with 16 other National Football League teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans. Aramark will be the exclusive food and beverage provider at the Minnesota Vikings' new stadium, U.S. Bank Stadium, opening in 2016. During Super Bowl 50, Aramark will manage the NFL SHOP at Super Bowl, located at the NFL Experience.
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 21 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact: David Freireich 215-238-4078 Freireichemail@example.com
Erin Noss 215-409-7403 Nossfirstname.lastname@example.org