EWING, N.J., June 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Life can be messy and unpredictable. For some, not knowing what the next stage of life holds can be stressful and for others, an adventure. Thanks to a new survey conducted by the makers of OxiClean™, which reveals the most common stains encountered by households across America, there is less uncertainty around the type of stains individuals will tackle as they approach their next life stage.
The Survey1 asked 1,165 people across various life stages - ranging from households of singles, couples and households with children - which stains they encounter most often. Among the more surprising results were the notable changes that occurred in households before and after having children:
- The percentage of households that encounter red wine stains increased from 22 percent (couples with no kids) to 41 percent after having kids (households with kids under four)
- The percentage of households that encounter beer stains increased from nine percent (couples with no kids) to 30 percent after having kids (households with kids under four)
- Ninety percent of households with children (under four) have thrown away stained clothes, compared to roughly 70 percent of households without children
- The percentage of households that encounter perspiration stains increased from 60 percent (couples with no kids) to 77 percent after having kids (households with kids under four)
"By shedding light on how stains evolve through various stages of life, we're able provide products and solutions for consumers today and tomorrow," said Bruce Tetreault, Director of Marketing for OxiClean.
In addition to these specific stains, the results of the survey revealed the top three stains faced at each of the following life stages:
- Single - Food grease or oil (68 percent), Perspiration (61 percent), Dirt (60 percent)
- Couples with No Children - Food grease or oil (78 percent), Dirt (64 percent), Perspiration (60 percent)
- Households with Children Under Age 4 - Perspiration (77 percent), Ketchup (77 percent), Dirt (74 percent)
- Households with Children Ages 4-12 - Food grease or oil (78 percent), Perspiration (77 percent), Dirt (75 percent)
- Households with Children Ages 13-17 - Food grease or oil (79 percent), Perspiration (79 percent), Deodorant (79 percent)
- Households with Children Ages 18+ in home - Food grease or oil (83 percent), Perspiration (79 percent), Dirt (72 percent)
Regardless of age or life stage, OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is an oxygen-based stain fighter that can tackle every day cleaning as well as stubborn stain removal around the home. OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is available in food, drug, mass, and club retailers and can be purchased in 1.77 lb., 3 lb., 5 lb. and 7.22 lb. sizes for $4.99, $7.99, $9.99 and $12.99, respectively. For more information, visit www.OxiClean.com.
About OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (VSR)
More than 15 years ago scientists came up with a way to harness the power of oxygen to clean better than ever before. That breakthrough was OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover, a cleaning sensation that virtually revolutionized the industry. Today, there are several OxiClean products to fit your needs that all have one thing in common – tough stain removal! While the OxiClean brand family has grown to include laundry boosters, laundry pretreaters, and a dishwashing booster, the original Versatile Stain Remover powder is strong as ever and still tackles many different stains in and around the home! OxiClean™ is chlorine free and safe on colors.
About Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc., headquartered in Ewing, NJ, manufactures and markets a wide range of personal care, household, and specialty products under the ARM & HAMMER™ brand name and other well-known trademarks like OxiClean™.
1 The OxiClean™ "Stain Set Data" Survey was commissioned by Church & Dwight Co., Inc. and conducted by Marketview Research among a nationally representative sample of 1,165 U.S. female and male participants, ages 21-70 years-old who are both responsible for purchasing most/all household cleaning products and doing most/all laundry. Interviewing was conducted July 2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oxiclean-uncovers-how-stains-change-and-evolve-as-people-enter-different-life-stages-300478800.html
SOURCE Church & Dwight Co., Inc.