REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Pacer launched Pacer for Teams, a new free feature offering fitness challenge capabilities to organizations or teams. This feature is designed to boost team members' commitment to achieving their individual health goals and increase the success of organization wellness programs.
Pacer's own user data indicates that users who join online groups or communities and competitions have a much higher rate of consistently engaging in exercise and achieving their fitness goals than users who do not join groups or take part in competitions. The support and interaction coming from Pacer community makes the difference.
"It is our online communities that really sets us apart from the rest," said Michael Caldwell, Cofounder. "The people in our online communities are amazing. They are willing to help each other out and cheer each other on. We have heard stories about our users maintaining their motivation through support from friends they know only through our app. It is so much easier to establish a healthy lifestyle if you are supported by others trying to accomplish the same thing."
Team administrators can track participants' engagement through the online dashboard. With just one click, they can view team members' steps completed, distance walked/ran, progress and reports. Through a proprietary data-analytics module, administrators can see if team members' average activity levels are increasing, remaining constant or decreasing.
With Pacer for Teams, participants can easily find and join their teams by using the invitation link or organization key to access their group's real-time wellness information. They will have access to member lists and daily/monthly step leaderboards with real-time updates including scores.
Additional Pacer for Teams app features and benefits include:
- Easy set-up — Create an account and email invites, can use existing Pacer account
- No additional hardware needed
- Controlled access by invitation only
- Unlimited number of members
- Flexible group and sub-groups
- Easier to admin than other solutions — No manual data entry
- Very flexible — Admins can use data within the Pacer app to support any number of fitness-related initiatives
- Fun and engaging social features — Users can see real-time step activity of other team members, send notes and pictures to the group, access a group chat or private message other team members and 'like' the step counts of other team members
- 11 languages for international teams —English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and both traditional and simplified Chinese
Pacer for Teams is now available free on both the App Store and Google Play. For further information, please contact [email protected]
About Pacer Pedometer
Pacer Pedometer is the world's most downloaded daily activity tracking app for iOS and Android. Unlike other apps that require pairing with a wearable device, Pacer runs directly on any smart phone with no need for expensive hardware or extra hassle. It currently has a 5-star rating on the iOS App Store and a 4.6-star rating on the Google Play Store.
SOURCE Pacer Pedometer