TROY, Mich., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Local Search Association today announced that PagesJaunes Groupe President and CEO Jean-Pierre Remy will deliver the keynote address at its annual conference, "Search Starts Here," April 13-16, 2013 in Las Vegas. Remy has led the remarkable transformation of PagesJaunes, France's Yellow Pages publisher, into one of the world's most progressive local search companies. Today, PagesJaunes reaches 90 percent of French consumers through its portfolio of products and ranks as one of the top 10 global companies in terms of online revenues, with 59 percent of its total revenues coming from its digital offerings.
"Jean-Pierre Remy is well-known throughout the local search industry for engineering one of the most successful transformations of a media company from its traditional roots in print to digital opportunities available through online, mobile and social platforms," said Neg Norton, president of the Local Search Association. "We're thrilled that Jean-Pierre will travel from France to provide our annual conference attendees with a first-hand account of PagesJaunes' creative strategy and implementation efforts."
In his remarks, Remy will provide attendees with a deep understanding of:
- PagesJaunes' journey from traditional print directory publisher to innovative local search provider with a wide portfolio of print, online, social and mobile products.
- His company's vision and the key strategic approaches being implemented to expand PagesJaunes' footprint into new local search platforms.
- The ways in which PagesJaunes has maintained its passionate commitment to both consumers and advertisers.
- The benefits of PagesJaunes' heavy investment in its core brand while growing its digital footprint, both organically and through strategic acquisitions and partnerships.
- The development of PagesJaunes' salesforce of more than 2,000 well-trained and motivated professionals, who have embraced change and taken on new skills while keeping consumers and advertisers at the heart of the company's efforts.
The "Search Starts Here" conference, which is one of the largest industry gatherings of the year, will be held at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The event will feature a three-day jam-packed agenda of exciting speakers and panelists, coordinated with industry veteran Greg Sterling. Attendees will also benefit from popular Strategic Exchange Sessions to meet and discuss strategic opportunities with partners, the Industry Excellence Awards ceremony, and opportunities for professional networking at several receptions and dinners.
PagesJaunes Groupe (www.pagesjaunesgroupe.com/en) is a leader in Europe in local advertising and information on the Internet and in mobile and print media, with revenues of €1.1 billion in 2011. It employs over 5,000 people in France, Spain, Luxembourg and Austria, including 2,200 sales advisers to support its 712,000 local and national advertising customers.
As a creator of useful media, PagesJaunes Groupe operates in three complementary business lines: content and service provision, media and advertising representation. Thanks to its know-how and the performance of its brands, PagesJaunes Groupe now occupies a leading position on the Internet:
- Leader in business website development, with over 120,000 already sold in France and Spain
- European leader in online advertising
- Benchmark provider of mapping services with immersive media (Mappy / UrbanDive)
- Leader in mobile Internet, with close to 16 million downloads of its PagesJaunes, Mappy and AnnoncesJaunes apps (March 2012).
PagesJaunes Groupe is in the "top-10" companies in the world regarding the percentage of revenues generated on the Internet : over €575 millions in 2011, 52% of its consolidated revenues (59% during the first nine months of 2012).
PagesJaunes Groupe is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris.
About the Local Search Association
The Local Search Association (www.localsearchassociation.org) is the largest trade organization of print, digital, mobile and social media that help local businesses get found and selected by ready-to-buy consumers. Association members include U.S. and international directory publishers, search engine marketers, online listings and review sites, digital advertising agencies and mobile search providers. The Association has members in 29 countries.
Read the Local Search Association blog www.localsearchinsider.com and follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/LocalSearchAssn) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/LocalSearchAssn). To choose which phone directories you receive or stop delivery, visit www.YellowPagesOptOut.com.
SOURCE Local Search Association