VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced GlobalProtect™ cloud service, a new offering that provides the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security infrastructure as a cloud-based service for remote offices and mobile users.
The new Palo Alto Networks GlobalProtect cloud service will enable customers to utilize the preventive capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform, including application visibility and control, Threat Prevention, URL Filtering, and WildFire™ threat analysis service, to secure remote networks and mobile users. With this new service, widely distributed organizations can improve security while reducing the complexity of managing costly, time-consuming and cumbersome global deployments.
The ever-growing population of mobile users, a distributed workforce and cloud applications are forcing organizations to evolve their cybersecurity infrastructure, which has traditionally focused on securing the corporate network. To extend security to remote networks and mobile users, typical approaches – such as backhauling traffic to the corporate network or using multiple point products – can be difficult to manage, costly, and produce inconsistencies in security policies and protections. When hundreds or even thousands of devices must be delivered, deployed and maintained across all remote locations, the result is often an efficient yet limited security solution with a heavy footprint, resulting in security deficiencies that can leave an organization vulnerable to cyberattacks.
The new GlobalProtect cloud service offering eliminates the operational hurdles posed by traditional distributed security infrastructure approaches and delivers the preventive capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform to provide customers with consistent protections needed to prevent successful cyberattacks across globally distributed network and cloud environments.
With this new offering, Palo Alto Networks will manage and maintain a multi-tenant, cloud-based security infrastructure. Customers can quickly and easily add or remove remote locations and users, and establish and adjust security policies as needed. This flexible, always-on and up-to-date new security service can help customers easily scale to meet growth demands and achieve consistent security throughout their organizations' computing environments – no matter where devices or users reside – at a predictable cost.
- "The Palo Alto Networks GlobalProtect cloud service streamlines the process of deploying security infrastructure for remote offices and mobile users. With the proper prerequisites in place, we had functioning gateways around the world in minutes."
– Colin Bruce, infrastructure architect, Teck Resources Limited
- "Today's organizations require enterprise-class security consistently delivered to all locations, including small branch office and mobile users. Palo Alto Networks is uniquely positioned to deliver the preventive capabilities of our industry-leading platform in the cloud via our new GlobalProtect cloud service offering, providing consistent and scalable security for all locations and users while easing the operational burden shouldered by IT organizations."
– Lee Klarich, executive vice president, Product Management, Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks GlobalProtect cloud service offers:
- Scalable log collection via a new logging service that allows customers to collect ever-expanding rates of data from remote locations and users, without needing to plan for local compute and storage.
- Central management through Panorama, providing customers with a single management interface across a diverse physical, virtual and cloud service infrastructure through the Panorama™ console.
- Improved SaaS security functionality. With the new GlobalProtect cloud service and the Aperture™ service, customers can now use a comprehensive SaaS security feature set delivered in the cloud without the burden of deploying and scaling physical or virtual appliances for mobile users and remote locations.
- SD-WAN and IPsec technology partner support for large-scale remote location deployments. Customers can connect their remote and edge networks to GlobalProtect cloud service via an on-premise IPsec VPN capable device, or they can utilize one of the technology integration partners that support SD-WAN or IPsec VPN connectivity options. Initial GlobalProtect cloud service integration partners include Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company; CloudGenix, Nuage Networks from Nokia, VeloCloud, Viptela and VMware. These initial GlobalProtect cloud service technology partners join existing SD-WAN technology partners that have integrated with our next-generation firewall and include Ecessa, Riverbed Technology, Silver Peak Systems and Talari.
The GlobalProtect cloud service is targeted for general availability in August 2017. GlobalProtect service for remote networks will be licensed according to bandwidth requirements, from 200 Mbps to 100,000 Mbps. GlobalProtect service for mobile users will be licensed per user, from 200 users to over 100,000.
- GlobalProtect cloud service
- Blog: Announcing GlobalProtect Cloud Service: Consistent Protection Delivered to Remote Networks and Mobile Users
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization's most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks, PAN-OS and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks, Inc.