SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced that its next-generation firewall has earned a "Recommended" rating by NSS Labs, Inc., the world's leading information security research and advisory company.
The PA-7050 appliance achieved a 100 percent effectiveness rating against all evasion techniques tested and blocked 94.2 percent of exploits introduced within the test, according to the Data Center Intrusion Prevention System (DCIPS) Test Report.
The NSS Labs DCIPS Test Report evaluates the performance and ability of stand-alone appliances, deployed in a data center environment, to allow legitimate traffic while blocking attacks and evasion techniques.
Since all customer environments vary, users are encouraged to review our test configurations and compare them to those of other participating vendors for a complete view of the comparative results.
- "We're pleased to receive the 'Recommended' rating from NSS Labs for our performance in the DCIPS Test Report. The results underscore our ability to reduce the attack surface and prevent known threats, and we have put forward our test configurations so that readers can make the best use of this report. We invite all test participants to join us in providing full transparency around how devices are configured for testing."
– Lee Klarich, executive vice president of product management, Palo Alto Networks
- "We commend Palo Alto Networks decision to disclose their test configurations for their products. We encourage enterprises to seek out this information as a means of establishing a baseline by which to further tune devices to their own specific environments."
– Thomas Skybakmoen, distinguished research director, NSS Labs, Inc.
Notable results from the report include a 100 percent effectiveness rating against all evasion techniques tested, 94.2 percent overall exploit block rate, and just three false positive triggers.
- Review Palo Alto Networks test configurations
- Read the complete NSS Labs DCIPS Test Report
- Read Palo Alto Networks blog about the NSS Labs DCIPS Test Report
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization's most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/palo-alto-networks-recommended-by-nss-labs-in-data-center-intrusion-prevention-system-test-report-300294418.html
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks