AMSTERDAM, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced that customers in Europe can now benefit from the power of Palo Alto Networks WildFire™ cloud-based threat analysis and prevention capabilities from a data center located in the Netherlands. With local resiliency built-in, this helps European organizations meet their data privacy needs via the WildFire EU (European Union) cloud.
In today's threat environment, a global, cloud-based, community-driven approach to aggregated threat analysis is key to achieving the best possible threat intelligence and prevention to effectively defend against a community of attackers who share information, attack methods and techniques.
However, many organizations around the globe, and specifically in Europe, are concerned about data privacy, and this can affect their readiness to share data with a global cloud and may be further limited by regulation.
To address privacy needs and still deliver on the benefits of threat data shared globally, the WildFire EU cloud enables customer-submitted files to remain within EU borders while still offering protections generated by the largest threat analysis tool in the world, used by more than 10,000 organizations globally as part of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform. This global protection capability is key to preventing successful cyber breaches at all stages of the attack lifecycle.
Additionally, with the WildFire EU cloud, security teams across Europe can accelerate threat hunting, analytics and response efforts, with globally correlated intelligence from the entire WildFire community, made directly accessible through Palo Alto Networks AutoFocus™ contextual threat intelligence service.
- "The benefits of cloud-based threat analysis are clear when it comes to preventing successful cyberattacks, but especially for organizations in Europe, privacy concerns can limit the ability to share or transfer data. With a European cloud, global prevention capabilities are within reach so we can better counter increasingly sophisticated threats, but with the knowledge that files stay within the EU."
- Dr. Salvo Rosa, chief information officer and SielteCloud business unit manager, Gruppo Sielte S.p.A.
- "A cloud-based, community-driven approach for advanced threat detection and prevention is paramount to successfully combating adversaries. Since we launched WildFire, we've continued to invest in, innovate and expand its analysis capabilities to counter the high volume and increasing sophistication of threats. By introducing our WildFire EU cloud, we're making sure that our customers can benefit from excellent threat analysis capabilities while keeping files within the EU, alleviating data transfer concerns."
- Lee Klarich, executive vice president, Product Management, Palo Alto Networks
- "We are pleased Palo Alto Networks is hosting its new EU cloud in the Netherlands, a decision which underscores the vibrant and talent-rich community that is helping businesses from across the globe to develop and grow. The Dutch have long taken a proactive attitude towards cybersecurity, and Palo Alto Networks selection reinforces the value of this commitment to the international cybersecurity market."
- Marco de Vries, deputy executive director North America, Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency
- Read the WildFire EU cloud blog post
- Register for the upcoming webinar, Threat Prevention on Your Terms
- Palo Alto Networks WildFire
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization's most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks