LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic announces the release of the HX-WA03, a new, tough Full-HD camcorder. Popular for its waterproof design, the WA-series of camcorders have allowed videos and photos to be taken comfortably using one hand even in the rain, and the WA03 has added more advanced features to offer a considerable increase in toughness. The HX-WA03 is waterproof down to 16 feet, dustproof, and now freeze proof down to 14 degrees F. The robust design makes shooting it possible to shoot video or photos in even harsher environments.
With the release of this new Active Style Full-HD camcorder, Panasonic offers its most active consumers more video and photo shooting flexibility and fun in a variety of conditions, such as diving and rugged outdoor activities.
* "Full-HD" refers to video recordings with 1920 pixels (horizontal) by 1080 pixels (vertical).
- Tough Design: 16ft / -5m Waterproof* up to 60 minutes, 14 degrees F / -10 degrees C Freeze proof and Dustproof
- Stunning Full-HD Videos and 16-Megapixel Photos via 11.90-Megapixel MOS Sensor
- Creative Control for Versatile Digital Expression
(9 Filters; One Point Color, Old Movie, Fish-eye Effect, HDR Paint, Soft Skin, Monochrome, Sepia, Vivid, and Soft)
- Intelligent 18x Zoom with New Active Digital Image Stabilizer
- Eye-Fi Compatible**
* Waterproof and Dustproof: This camera's waterproof / dustproof rating complies with IPX8 and IP6X ratings. This does not guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
** Eye-Fi compatibility subject to changes in card specifications
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company's portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. In the 2012 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped four spots to number six: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2012-Report.aspx. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @PanasonicUSA, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.