ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, today announced end of year results in awards and market traction for the company's cloud product line that serves small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) as well as consumers. In 2010, Panda Security secured 35 awards from recognized authorities on technology and business innovation, including the Wall Street Journal, CRN, PC World and AV Comparatives.
"Panda has always been ahead of the market in technology innovation and 2010 was no exception. At the beginning of the year, we set out to extend our position as a cloud security leader through a continued commitment to R&D and laser focus on increasing adoption of our cloud products for SMBs," said Juan Santana, CEO, Panda Security. "We attribute Panda's success to our award-winning solutions and a highly diversified sales strategy that targets organizations with anywhere between 5 and 60,000 seats. Panda's strong business momentum for the year coupled with independent recognition from the Wall Street Journal, CRN, PC World and many others, proves that our strategy is working."
The Panda Cloud Protection product line, which secures endpoints and servers, email and Web threat vectors, has grown well above the industry average growth rate for cloud-based security services in 2010. Income from these products grew 65 percent over the previous year and now represents 15 percent of the company's total worldwide revenues. Panda expects this number to exceed 20 percent by the end of 2011. This compares to industry-wide revenue growth for SaaS, which made up only 10 percent of total security services revenue in 2009, with this figure not projected to surpass 20 percent until 2014, according to market research firm Infonetics.
Included below are some of the awards that the company and its solutions have received throughout 2010:
- Juan Santana, Panda Security CEO, among the 25 Most Innovative Executives of 2010. CRN, USA
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Runner-Up in Technology Innovation Awards. Wall Street Journal, USA
- Sydney Curtis, Vice President Marketing, Panda Security USA, among the Top Women of the Channel. CRN, USA
- Rick Carlson, President, Panda Security USA, among the 2010 Channel Chiefs, CRN, USA
- Panda Security was awarded a Five-Star Rating in 2010 Partner Programs Guide, CRN, USA
- Panda Security was among the 20 Coolest Cloud Security Vendors. CRN, USA
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Editor's Choice. PC Magazine, USA
- GateDefender Integra: 5/5 Stars, SC Magazine, USA
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: 5 Stars. About.com, USA
- Panda Security for Business: 5 Stars, SC Magazine, USA, UK
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Recommended Product Seal, IT Reviews, UK
- Panda Internet Security 2010: Gold Award, What-Laptop, UK
- Panda Internet Security 2011: Best Product, 5 Stars, Windows Magazine, Spain
- Panda Security received the Business Innovation Award, Cinco Dias, Spain
- Global Protection 2010: Total Security Rating, TCN, Spain
- Panda Security received Best Localized Web Site, SEIL, Spain
- Panda Security was awarded the Prince Felipe Award for Business Excellence, Spain
- Panda AdminSecure: Best 2010 Security Solution, Muy Computer, Spain
- Panda GateDefender Performa: Best Hardware Security Solution, Byte, Spain
- Panda Global Protection 2010: Recommended Product Seal, Byte, Spain
- Panda Internet Security 2010: Recommended Seal, IT Espresso, Spain
- Panda Internet Security 2011: 5 Stars, Windows Magazine, Portugal
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Best Security Software, PC World, Latin America
- Panda Internet Security 2011: Advanced+ Performance Test, AV-Comparatives.org, Germany
- Panda Internet Security 2010: Certified and Top Rank in Q2 Product Review, AV-Test.org, Germany
- Antivirus Pro 2010: Top Score in Proactive/Retroactive Test, AV-Comparatives.org, Germany
- Antivirus Pro 2010: Top Score in On Demand Test, AV-Comparatives.org, Germany
- Panda Enterprise Security: Recommended Product Seal, TechWorld, Sweden
- Panda Global Protection 2011: Editor's Choice, Computer Magazine, Italy
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: 5 Stars, Enter, Poland
- Panda Internet Security 2010: 5 Stars and Certified Top Detection, PC Security Labs, China
- Panda Internet Security 2011: First Place in Comparative Test, PC Security Labs, China
- Luis Corrons, PandaLabs Director of Research, WildList Report of the Year, AVAR 2010, Bali
- Panda Security for Business Exchange, Best Security Suite for the SMBs, PC World Mexico
- Panda GateDefender 9500, Recommended Product, IT Pro, UK
"We're looking forward to an even more successful year ahead as the market has proven that it is ready for a cloud-based approach to antivirus security," said Santana. "Based on the traction we are seeing in the channel, we expect revenues from Panda's cloud security business solutions to surpass 20 percent of the company's total income in 2011."
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world's leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the World. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 61 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.
Panda Security collaborates with Special Olympics, WWF and Invest for Children as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
SOURCE Panda Security