CHESTERFIELD, Mo., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance® (USFRA®) announced its line-up for the Food Dialogues: Washington D.C. panel taking place at the USDA Agricultural Outlook Forum on Friday, February 21. Carolyn O'Neil, the author of "Slim Down South Cookbook" and a nutrition advisor to BestFoodFacts.org, will moderate the discussion "Nutrition: Who is shaping America's eating habits?"
"Consumers encounter food terms such as organic, conventional, locally grown and natural on a daily basis, but do they really understand their meanings when making their purchasing decisions?" said Bob Stallman, chairman of USFRA and president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. "Our panelists will examine these terms and other topics related to food production, nutrition and making healthy food choices."
The discussion, which begins at 10:00 a.m. EDT at the Crystal Gateway Marriott (Arlington, Va.) and will stream live online at www.fooddialogues.com, features the following panelists:
- Jim Call, Farmer, Call Farms, Madison, Minn.
- Dr. Roger Clemens, Chief Scientific Officer, Horn and Adjunct Professor of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, USC School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Dennis Derryck, President and Founder, Corbin Hill Farms, New York, NY
- Colette Rihane, MS, RD, Nutrition Guidance and Analysis Division Director, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, USDA, Washington, District of Columbia
- Dr. Craig Rowles, Partner and General Manager, Elite Pork Partnership, LLP, Carroll, Iowa
- Barbara Ruhs, MS, RD, LDN, Supermarket Health & Nutrition Expert, Phoenix, Ariz.
Those interested in attending the Food Dialogues: Washington D.C. in-person must pre-register by visiting Food Dialogues: Washington, D.C. For more information about USFRA or its signature Food Dialogues event series, visit www.FoodDialogues.com. Follow USFRA on Twitter @USFRA and use #FoodD to participate in the discussion.
About The Food Dialogues®
The Food Dialogues signature events are designed to bring together farmers, ranchers, industry experts, pundits, media and consumers for dynamic panel discussions on some of today's most pressing topics related to food and food production. Since its launch in 2011, the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance has hosted more than 15 panels across the country.
About U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance® (USFRA®)
USFRA is a group of farmer- and rancher-led organizations and agricultural partners leading a movement to answer questions about how food is grown and raised. USFRA provides resources and tools to navigate today's food issues landscape with a broader goal of building trust in American agriculture.
SOURCE U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA)