SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Pareto Networks today introduces a definitive guide to teleworking, a dedicated eBook that explores the benefits and barriers to telework. Examining telework from all angles, it looks at the technical and cultural requirements to support teleworking, and the considerations enterprises should make to ensure they have what they need for an effective telework deployment in their workplace.
"For the obvious cost, employee morale and business continuity benefits, more and more organizations are attracted to telework, yet adoption continues to lag," said Dan Ryan, Pareto Networks CEO. "We launched this book to educate businesses on how they can approach their telework initiatives, so they can determine what they are going to need to successfully transition to a telework environment."
Even with all of the research indicating the many benefits to telework, there is still a disconnect. Hindering factors include:
- Large Capital Investments – Multiple networking and security devices needed to connect a remote site
- Ongoing Operational Expenses – All the labor-intensive, manual processes associated with the upkeep of each site
- Compliance Requirements – Auditable records of all activity to meet regulatory needs
- Adjusting Manager Mindset – Long conditioned to associate face-time, rather than results, with productivity
Pareto explores why the timing is right for telework, as there are new options for deployment, new networking business models and simplified, centralized management. In fact, according to recent research the number of Americans working remotely is growing faster than in years past. There are many elements driving this trend:
- Reduced Operational Expenses
- Management of Environmental Impacts
- Business Enabler
- Increased Productivity
- Attraction and Retention of Top Talent
- Ensured Business Continuity and Accelerated Disaster Recovery
As research spotlights the many benefits and cost savings gained by companies who make the switch, organizations are able revisit their strategy and look at ways to reap all the benefits telework can offer. As a way of helping companies make the transition to telework, the eBook gives companies critical considerations to ensure a successful roll out, including:
- Top 10 Requirements for IT to Consider
- Top 10 Requirements for HR to Consider
About Pareto Networks
Pareto Networks is the leader in Cloud-based networking, eliminating the complexity and reducing the cost of the extended enterprise network. Through an innovative, Cloud-based network infrastructure, enterprises are able to easily deploy and gain centralized control of teleworkers, on-site teams, remote kiosks and small branch office networks with a breakthrough zero CAPEX subscription model.
SOURCE Pareto Networks