ATLANTA, July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- David York has made summer travel a bit easier with Barking Hound Village Airport, just minutes from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Park your dog – and your car – at this 10,000 square-foot boarding facility featuring grooming services, luxury suites, all day free-play daycare, airport shuttle service and extended hours from 6 a.m. to midnight plus a separate entrance so not to disturb other overnight guests. Like all BHV locations, Airport is staffed 24 hours a day.
But whether you're taking planes, trains or automobiles, if you're bringing your pet, York offers eight essential tips:
- Make reservations and ask for pet-only, non-smoking rooms. Also, request a ground-floor room for late-night potty runs.
- Travel on an empty stomach to avoid car sickness. If the trip is long, feed a smaller amount than normal at least two hours before you leave.
- Make sure your pet stays hydrated. Carry a portable water filter, boil water from home and store it in air-tight bottles or use commercial bottled water.
- Leave the front seat for humans. If an airbag deploys while your pet is in the passenger seat (even in a crate), it might injure your pet.
- Take your walks in the morning or evening. Midday heat can overwhelm your dog.
- Be sure to take plenty of your dog's regular food. Changing his diet can cause an upset stomach.
- If you have to leave your dog alone in your hotel room, make sure to place a note on your door for housekeeping.
- Always be sure your dog's ID tag includes your cell phone.
About Barking Hound
The Barking Hound family is comprised of a growing list of facilities throughout the city including the Village, Inn, Lofts, Buckhead and Airport, now open at 3080 Sylvan Road. Please visit http://www.barkinghoundvillage.com.
SOURCE Barking Hound Village