CLEVELAND, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Parker Hannifin Corporation (NYSE: PH), the global leader in motion and control technologies, today announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Sea Recovery, headquartered in Compton, CA from Danfoss A/S. Parker will assume ownership of the acquired business on November 1st, 2012. Sea Recovery is a leading manufacturer of small to high capacity reverse osmosis systems for sea water desalination used primarily in commercial and pleasure marine applications. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Sea Recovery had sales of approximately $26 million for the last twelve months ending August 31st and 70 employees, and has been engineering and manufacturing sea water reverse osmosis systems since 1981. The acquired company will become a part of Parker's Filtration Group and approximately 47 percent of revenues will be reported in the North American Industrial segment and the remaining 53 percent of revenues will be reported in the International Industrial segment.
"This acquisition supports our water purification growth strategy and further strengthens Parker's global leadership position in creating fresh water for commercial marine and large yacht markets," said Peter Popoff, President – Filtration Group. "Sea Recovery product lines help Parker expand its offering across geographic and end market applications. Their dedicated global sales and service organization is a strategic fit with our existing world class distribution network and will enable Parker to provide customers with the most advanced seawater desalination systems anywhere in the world."
Nis Storgaard, Danfoss Chief Development Officer added, "We are happy that we have found a new owner that is ready to support Sea Recovery and its employees to further develop and grow the business."
With annual sales exceeding $13 billion in fiscal year 2012, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company employs approximately 60,000 people in 48 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 56 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit the company's web site at www.parker.com or its investor information web site at www.phstock.com.
Forward-Looking Statements Forward-looking statements contained in this and other written and oral reports are made based on known events and circumstances at the time of release, and as such, are subject in the future to unforeseen uncertainties and risks. All statements regarding future performance, earnings projections, events or developments are forward-looking statements. It is possible that the future performance and earnings projections of the company, including its individual segments, may differ materially from current expectations, depending on economic conditions within its mobile, industrial and aerospace markets, and the company's ability to maintain and achieve anticipated benefits associated with announced realignment activities, strategic initiatives to improve operating margins, actions taken to combat the effects of the current economic environment, and growth, innovation and global diversification initiatives. A change in economic conditions in individual markets may have a particularly volatile effect on segment performance. Among other factors which may affect future performance are: changes in business relationships with and purchases by or from major customers, suppliers or distributors, including delays or cancellations in shipments, disputes regarding contract terms or significant changes in financial condition, changes in contract cost and revenue estimates for new development programs and changes in product mix; uncertainties surrounding timing, successful completion or integration of acquisitions; ability to realize anticipated costs savings from business realignment activities; threats associated with and efforts to combat terrorism; uncertainties surrounding the ultimate resolution of outstanding legal proceedings, including the outcome of any appeals; competitive market conditions and resulting effects on sales and pricing; increases in raw material costs that cannot be recovered in product pricing; the company's ability to manage costs related to insurance and employee retirement and health care benefits; and global economic factors, including manufacturing activity, air travel trends, currency exchange rates, difficulties entering new markets and general economic conditions such as inflation, deflation, interest rates and credit availability. The company makes these statements as of the date of this disclosure, and undertakes no obligation to update them unless otherwise required by law.
SOURCE Parker Hannifin Corporation