BOSTON and LONDON, Aug. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Partners Capital Investment Group, the Outsourced Investment Office serving sophisticated institutions and senior investment professionals in North America, Europe and Asia, today announced the expansion of its leadership team to 15 Partners and Managing Directors, as well as the appointment of Colin Pan as Chief Investment Officer.
Stan Miranda, Chief Executive Officer of Partners Capital, said, "Since the founding of Partners Capital 15 years ago, our firm has grown consistently and today stands as a leading Outsourced Investment Office with more than $17 billion in assets under management and extensive global capabilities. In order to advance our firm's leadership position in the outsourced investment advisory space, we have taken a number of steps to further expand and diversify our senior management team, including adding four new members to our Partner and Managing Director group and formally separating the roles of CEO and CIO.
"I am delighted to turn over the responsibilities of CIO to Colin Pan, who has led the Partners Capital global manager research function and is well-known to our clients for his investment acuity and insight," continued Mr. Miranda. "We also would like to congratulate Euan Finlay, Brendan Corcoran and David Shushan on their well-deserved promotions, and welcome to our partnership Rich Scarinci, who acquired extensive experience at Blackstone serving some of the most sophisticated clients in the world."
The expansion of the leadership team includes the following promotions and hirings:
- Colin Pan has been promoted to Chief Investment Officer, assuming the role from Co-Founder and CEO, Stan Miranda. Mr. Pan, a Partner in the London office who joined Partners Capital in 2010, has most recently served as the firm's Head of Manager Research, driving the identification of the best investment opportunities and managers across all asset classes and geographies. He also acts as Portfolio Manager of the Partners Capital Phoenix Fund II, which is invested across opportunities in Liquid Credit, Private Debt and other uncorrelated income strategies. Prior to Partners Capital, Mr. Pan worked at Fremont Realty Capital, and as a Consultant at Bain & Company. He holds an MBA from Wharton and a BA from Yale University.
- Euan Finlay has been promoted to Partner in the firm's London office. Mr. Finlay, who joined Partners Capital in 2009, is a Co-Portfolio Manager for the firm's UK Tax Efficient Multi-Asset Class strategy and also advises several large European clients. He previously worked for Goldman, Sachs & Co. in Corporate Finance, and holds an MA in Economics from the University of Cambridge.
- Brendan Corcoran has been promoted to Partner in the firm's Boston office. Mr. Corcoran, who joined Partners Capital in 2008, advises many of the firm's largest U.S. institutional clients. Prior to Partners Capital, Mr. Corcoran worked as an investment banking analyst in the Technology Group of Jefferies & Company. He holds a BA in Government from Harvard College.
- Richard Scarinci will join the firm's Boston office in September as a Partner. As previously announced, Mr. Scarinci joins Partners Capital from Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, where he was a Managing Director and a Co-Portfolio Manager within the Hedge Fund Solutions Group. He joined The Blackstone Group in 2003. Mr. Scarinci holds a BA in Economics with a concentration in Finance from Princeton University.
- David Shushan has been promoted to Managing Director in the firm's Boston office. Mr. Shushan, who leads the efforts behind the Partners Capital U.S. Tax Efficient Investment strategy, joined the firm in 2006 from McKinsey & Co.'s asset management consulting practice. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Northwestern University, with a double major in Economics and in Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences.
As a result of the expansion of the leadership team and promotion of Colin Pan to CIO, Partners Capital Chief Executive Officer Stan Miranda will focus on his primary role of leading the members of the Partner group as they fulfill their responsibilities in running the day-to-day business. Mr. Miranda will continue to Chair the Internal Investment Committee and will be actively involved in asset manager identification and due diligence. He will remain a key member of the firm's four-person "Office of the CIO" -- alongside Colin Pan as CIO, Kamran Moghadam as Deputy CIO, and Arjun Raghavan in his role advising on overall investment philosophy and portfolio construction -- in addition to carrying on as the senior partner overseeing all Private Equity investments.
"As we broaden our senior leadership team, I look forward to working more closely with each of my partners in taking our investment capabilities to the next level and spending more time with our clients helping them to achieve outstanding performance," said Mr. Miranda.
About Partners Capital
Founded in 2001, Partners Capital is a wholly independent Outsourced Investment Office (OCIO) primarily serving sophisticated institutions and senior investment professionals in Europe, North America and Asia. With offices in Boston, New York, London, Singapore and Hong Kong, the firm is one of the few truly global OCIOs, employing 120 people worldwide and covering all major asset classes. The firm oversees assets of more than $17 billion. Its institutional clients include 11 Oxford and Cambridge Colleges, Eton College, the Research Foundation for the State of New York's University System, the Royal Academy of Arts, Milton Academy and the Cancer Research Institute. Additional information on Partners Capital may be found at www.partners-cap.com.
SOURCE Partners Capital