LAS VEGAS, April 20, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the global trade association representing the payments technology world, opened TRANSACT 16 with 200 exhibitors and 4,000 attendees from across the commerce ecosystem. ETA also announced the winners of the 2016 ETA Star Awards at the TRANSACT President's Dinner, the industry's annual event recognizing global leaders in the payments industry. Learn more at www.transact16.com.
"As the global event for the payments technology industry, TRANSACT 16 is truly the world stage for innovation in commerce," said Jason Oxman, ETA CEO. "The game-changing announcements here will have a transformative impact across the ecosystem."
Notable TRANSACT 16 Day-Two Announcements Include:
- ETA announced the winners of the 2016 ETA Star Awards, presented during the ETA President's Dinner at TRANSACT 16. In a highlight of the evening, ETA's 2015 Distinguished Payments Professional, Angela Brown, President and Chief Executive Officer of Moneris Solutions, presented Donna Embry, Chief Payments Advisor at Payment Alliance International with ETA's Distinguished Payments Professional Award. Click here for the full list of winners.
- Announced from the TRANSACT show floor to address consumer concern about transaction times, Visa's Quick Chip for EMV optimizes EMV and streamlines chip card transactions to enable customers to dip and remove their EMV card from the terminal, typically in two seconds. The enhancement requires only a software update to the merchant's card terminal or point of sale system.
- ETA and the Strawhecker Group released their quarterly Economic Indicators Report live from TRANSACT, forecasting strong growth for the payments industry. U.S. consumer spending via electronic payments methods continues to grow by 9% year over year, driven by organic growth of the economy as well as consumer usage and merchant acceptance of credit and debit cards. The payments industry also remains very attractive to investors with nearly $100 billion invested into the payments ecosystem globally in 2015.
- From the TRANSACT keynote stage, First Data announced the launch of the Clover Online Store, a comprehensive online solution that manages everything from website design to creating a virtual shopping cart, all while facilitating safe, secure transactions. Clover Online Store will be available beginning in May and will be offered free to business owners through the end of 2016.
- Verifone CEO Paul Galant unveiled Verifone Carbon for the first time in the United States on the TRANSACT 16 show floor. Verifone Carbon is an integrated POS that leverages powerful capabilities and applications to transform the checkout process into an experience merchants and consumers will love.
- Verifone also announced a new partnership with ETA Member and TRANSACT Exhibitor Samsung to speed up and simplify merchants' ability to accept Samsung Pay.
For more information, visit www.transact16.com.
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) is the global trade association representing more than 500 payments and technology companies. ETA members make commerce possible by processing more than $5 trillion in purchases in the U.S. and deploying payments innovations to merchants and consumers.