EMERYVILLE, Calif., Aug. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Peet's Coffee®, The Original Craft Coffee™, today announced the addition of The Black Tie and Baridi Black™ + Cacao to its existing, bestselling, bottled cold brew beverages currently sold in California. The two fresh flavors round out an existing product line of four bottled beverages distributed by Coldcraft, the company's dedicated business unit for crafted, bottled beverages including cold brew coffee.
"As the Original Craft Coffee, our fifty years of experience is evident in our range of cold brew flavors, making Peet's the leading brand of single serve Cold Brew in California with a 24 percent share," said Tiffin Groff, VP and General Manager, Coldcraft. "Unlike other brands, our True Cold Brew is kept cold from bottling to the cooler, ensuring freshness and flavor above all else. And our newest delicious Cold Brew beverages provide even more ways for California consumers to enjoy Peet's Cold Brew."
Peet's Coffee: Coming in Cold with Fresh Flavors
Following a successful expansion of bottled cold brew throughout California and the launch of the non-dairy offering of Almond Milk in April 2017, the brand will now leverage Coldcraft to unveil fresh flavors.
Peets Cold Brew now boasts six refreshing and delicious offerings:
- NEW! The Black Tie — A nod to the Vietnamese inspired cold brew beverage originally made famous at our coffeebars, this features hero Baridi Black, sweetened condensed milk, chicory, pure cane sugar, and a touch of cream in a 10.5 fluid ounce bottle.
- NEW! Baridi Black + Cacao —Our signature Baridi Black coffee with Guittard Cacao nibs, cold brewed together with a touch of pure cane sugar to create a refreshing, slightly sweet dairy-free treat in a 10.5 fluid ounce glass bottle.
- Baridi Black Cold Brew — the purest expression of cold brew from Peet's Coffee, served straight up in a 10.5 fluid ounce glass bottle.
- Almond Milk Cold Brew — Baridi Black with smooth almond milk and pure cane sugar, in a 10.5 fluid ounce bottle.
- Coffee au Lait Cold Brew — a coffee-forward pairing of Baridi Black with the freshest milk and pure cane sugar, in a 10.5 fluid ounce bottle.
- Dark Chocolate Cold Brew — Baridi Black made even more delicious, also with the freshest milk, and rich Guittard cocoa, in a 10.5 fluid ounce bottle.
Peet's bottled Cold Brew, with a suggested retail price of $3.99, is available across California in Peet's coffeebars, as well as grocery and specialty stores, mass retailers, and partner locations.
Bold. Smooth. Never Bitter
All Peet's bottled cold brew and on-tap kegs start with the same cold brew served at Peet's coffeebars, made with the proprietary East African Baridi Blend. Sourced from smallholder farms, and specially selected to be served cold, Baridi is bright, juicy and aromatic. It is expertly hand roasted and then brewed slowly to extract deep, smooth flavors. Peet's bottled cold brew is fresh and perishable, requiring constant refrigeration.
About Peet's Coffee:
Peet's Coffee® is a U.S. specialty coffee company founded by Alfred Peet in 1966 in Berkeley, California. Mr. Peet grew up in the coffee trade and moved to America from Holland after World War II. His coffee style was unlike anything Americans had ever tasted before—small batches, fresh beans and a superior quality roast that is rich and complex. Mr. Peet's influence on the artisan coffee movement inspired a new generation of coffee entrepreneurs, including the founders of Starbucks. Today, Peet's upholds its commitment to delivering a premium product by continuing to source the world's best beans, hand-roast in small batches, and craft every beverage by hand. Peet's asserts a strict standard of freshness to ensure optimum flavor, including a unique direct store delivery network serving over 14,000 grocery stores to personally vet the freshness date on every bag. Peet's is dedicated to growing its business through its retail, grocery and e-commerce channels while maintaining the superior quality of its coffee. Peet's is also proud of its status as the first LEED® Gold certified roastery in the United States. For more information, visit www.peets.com. Stay connected to Peet's: @peetscoffee on Twitter and Instagram and facebook.com/peets.
SOURCE Peet's Coffee