HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Department of State filed disciplinary actions against 10 charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel during the month of November, Acting Secretary of State Robert Torres announced today.
A monthly list of disciplinary actions imposed by the Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations is available online.
In November, cease-and-desist orders were issued to the following organizations:
- Berks County Outsiderz, 4335 Stoudts Ferry Bridge Road, Reading, PA 19605
- C.O.P.S., 2848 Diamond Street, Philadelphia, PA 19121
- ChariBin, Inc., 2000 Cabot Blvd, Suite 110, Langhorne, PA 19047
- Emanuel Apostle Church, House of Mercy, 564 West Park Avenue, Titusville, PA 16354
- Home Help, 1808 East New Orleans Street, Philadelphia, PA 19149
- PA Youth Challenge, 7907 Ogontz Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19150
- Radnor Hounds Foundation, 1701 Horseshoe Trail, Chester Springs, PA 19425
- Soroptimist International Society of Indian Rock, P.O. Box 1061 Newtown, PA 18940
- Gail Perry Associates, 124 Hillcrest Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27605
- The BOMA Project, Inc., 7252 Main Street, Suite A, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Acting Secretary Torres noted that those organizations may not solicit donations or conduct fundraising activities until they have come into compliance with the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
The Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations maintains a comprehensive list of charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel that have been subject to sanctions or corrective measures. This list contains the most up-to-date information on any specific disciplinary action.
Each entry includes the name of the charitable organization, professional solicitor or professional fundraising counsel, address, sanction imposed, a description of the basis for the disciplinary or corrective measure and the effective date.
Anyone who suspects unethical activity by a charitable organization can file a complaint either online or by calling (717) 787-0700.
The Bureau oversees the registration of more than 12,000 charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel. A list of registration exclusions and exemptions for charitable organizations can be found on the Department's website.
Violations of the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act may result in disciplinary actions including civil penalties and the suspension or revocation of a registration.
MEDIA CONTACT: Wanda Murren, (717) 783-1621
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of State