SAN JOSE, Calif., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of analytics, Pentaho Corporation today introduced a new adaptive big data layer in its platform that accelerates access and integration to the latest versions and capabilities of popular big data stores. It also announced a "think tank" called Pentaho Labs for innovating breakthrough big data-driven technologies in areas such as predictive and real-time analytics.
The Pentaho adaptive big data layer supports Hadoop distributions from Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Intel, as well as popular NoSQL databases Cassandra and MongoDB, and introduces support for Splunk. With Pentaho, data can be accessed once then processed, combined and consumed anywhere. These new Pentaho big data innovations bring greater flexibility, insulation from change and increased competitive advantage to companies facing the relentless evolution of the big data ecosystem.
According to Richard Daley, founder and chief strategy officer at Pentaho, "The relatively breakneck speed at which big data analytics technology evolves as compared to the relational world is paralyzing many companies. The innovations we're announcing today overcome this paralysis and allow companies to keep their big data technology options open, reduce risk and save considerable development time while taking advantage of the latest innovations in popular Big Data stores."
Pentaho Adaptive Big Data Layer
Pentaho Business Analytics can literally plug into leading edge big data technologies with an advanced adaptive big data layer that supports the latest versions of Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and specialized big data stores. New capabilities include:
- Hadoop distributions: Pentaho's new adaptive big data layer supports the following Hadoop distributions: Cloudera CDH 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.2.0, 4.2.1; Intel's IDH 2.3; Horton's HDP 1.2.x and MapR 2.0.x and 2.1.x.
- NoSQL databases: Pentaho also delivers support for the latest features in MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Splunk: Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most pervasive segments of big data. Pentaho's new Splunk adapter allows reading and writing data to Splunk.
New Pentaho Labs
Pentaho Labs, led by Richard Daley, is staffed with top industry experts and a renowned data scientist to incubate breakthrough advanced analytic capabilities driven by big data. Pentaho Labs encourages seeding of new approaches and technologies that can over time be merged into the Pentaho roadmap based on market demand.
Register for the monthly Pentaho Lab Lecture Series
According to Krishna Roy, BI and Analytics Analyst at 451 Research, "We are talking to many companies who are very interested in big data analytics, but lack the knowledge, skills and resources to keep up with the rapid pace of change in the ecosystem or even get started. Pentaho recognizes this and today's announcements help lower the barriers to entry and accelerate innovation.
Multimedia and Resources
- Learn more about Pentaho Labs and the Pentaho Adaptive Big Data Layer visit http://events.pentaho.com/BDI-Labs.html
- Register for the monthly Pentaho Lab Lecture Series http://events.pentaho.com/Pentaho-Labs-Lecture-Series.html
- Visit Pentaho in booth #54 at Hadoop Summit, in San Jose June 26-27 to see more innovations such as Instaview Templates of the Week, Advanced Visualizations, Predictive Analytics, and Real time analytics.
- Follow Pentaho on Twitter @Pentaho and read the Pentaho blog at http://blog.pentaho.com/
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation