NEW YORK, May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Penton's Waste360 unveiled the first annual 40 Under 40 awards list, which consists of the next generation of leaders in the waste and recycling space who are shaping the future of the industry.
"We are passionate about the waste, recycling and organic industry and we believe our list of winners will make a significant mark on our industry," said Waste360 Editorial Director, David Bodamer. "We congratulate all of the professionals we've recognized, and we look forward to watching them chart the course for the industry in the years to come."
The Waste360 40 Under 40 awards program recognizes inspiring and innovative professionals under the age of 40 whose work in the waste, recycling and organics industry has made a significant contribution to the industry. The winners are involved in every part of the waste and recycling industry, including haulers, municipalities, composters, recycling professionals, policy makers and product suppliers.
The 2016 40 Under 40 award winners include:
- Ann Adams, Engineer II, Waste Management
- Marisa Adler, Senior Advisor, Strategic Planning, NYC Department of Sanitation
- Jessica Aldridge, Sustainability Manager, Athens Services
- Josh Allen, Founder & CEO, Global Disposal Reduction Services
- J. Stephan Banchero III, Vice President, Cedar Grove Organics Recycling
- Jonathan Bell, Operations Manager, Casella Waste Systems
- Christian Benitez, Solid Waste Operations Manager, City of El Paso Environmental Services
- Brad Berryman, Senior Director, Fleet Management, Republic Services
- Ryan Brandsma, Executive Vice President, Groot Recycling & Waste
- Julie Bryant, Senior Zero Waste Coordinator, San Francisco Department of the Environment
- Beth Burns, Solid Waste Program Manager, Pinellas County Solid Waste
- Carey Calabrese, Director of Business Management, WCA Waste Corporation
- Liza Casella, Director, Solutions Development & Coordination, Casella Waste Systems
- Candy Castellanos, Statewide Resources Section Manager, Washington Department of Ecology
- Taylor Chunn, President, Medical Waste Management
- Chaya Cooperberg, Vice President Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, Progressive Waste Solutions
- Ashley Davis, Director of Sales & Marketing, CP Group
- Josh Dranoff, Recycling Coordinator, City of Rochester, N.Y.
- Ann Fordock, Recycling Specialist, Onondaga County (N.Y.) Resource Recovery Agency
- Juri Freeman, Senior Consultant, Resource Recycling Systems
- Jack Fridge, President, Livingston Waste / Express Waste Solutions
- Justen Garrity, President & Founder, Veteran Compost
- Travon Grant, Municipal Relationship Manager, Republic Services
- Jonathan Groot, Executive Vice President, Groot Recycling and Waste
- Renee Hansen, Co-founder & Owner, Spinfish Events Solutions / Hipcycle.com
- Keefe Harrison, Executive Director, The Recycling Partnership
- Russell Hightower, Community & Municipal Relations Manager, Waste Management
- David Hostetter, Senior Project Professional, SCS Engineers
- Lynsey Kocenko, Facility Manager, Central Solid Waste Management Center, Delaware Solid Waste Authority
- Erin Levine, WM EarthCare Specialist, Waste Management of Alameda County
- Brion Maguire, Owner & Managing Partner, Trucks & Parts of Pennsylvania
- Trevor Mance, Owner, TAM Waste Management
- Gena McKinley, Zero Waste Program Manager, City of Austin, Texas
- Tracy Meehan, West Coast Region Marketing Manager, Waste Pro USA
- Nate Morris, Co-founder & CEO, Rubicon Global
- Kathy Richardson, Solid Waste Manager, City of Lawrence, Kansas
- Brent Shows, Corporate Operations Manager, Recycling & Transfer Stations, Advanced Disposal Services
- Josh Thompson, Purchasing Manager, Waste Industries
- Robert Alan Wilson, Founder & President, Precision Waste Services
- Ashley Zanolli, Senior Policy & Program Advisor, Oregon DEQ Materials Management Program, U.S. EPA, Region 10
A panel of expert judges from Waste360 evaluated the nominations and consulted with an external advisor to select the finalists and winners.
The winners will be celebrated at WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, June 6-9, 2016. WasteExpo brings the key buyers and decision makers in the waste, recycling and organics industry together making it the ideal place for Waste360 to recognize these rising stars. For more information and to register to attend WasteExpo, please visit WasteExpo.com.
About Penton's Waste360 Group
Penton's Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and more. The Waste360 Group includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, the Global Waste Management Symposium, the Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 Recycling Summit and topical and timely e-newsletters. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision-makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.