NEW YORK, May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, will bring the industry together to discuss marketplace successes and challenges, June 1-4, 2015 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. To register to attend, click here.
The Exhibit Hall will open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, which will take place on Tuesday, June 2 at 9:45 a.m. and is sponsored by Republic Services. Tim Oudman, Area President, Republic Services; Nathan Cabbil, West Region President, Republic Services and Oscar Goodman, former Las Vegas Mayor, will attend the ceremony. Goodman will also offer a proclamation from the City of Las Vegas highlighting the importance of the recycling industry.
"WasteExpo is proud to have Las Vegas as the host city for our event. The city has a strong focus on sustainability and is focused on finding ways to recycle and repurpose its waste. We are thrilled to have the support of the local community," said Mark Hickey, Vice President, Penton's Waste360. "Our event is a fantastic setting to bring the industry together to discuss the challenges and issues businesses are experiencing each and every day. We have a powerful combination of co-located events this year that will deliver both attendees and exhibitors with an unparalleled experience."
Key highlights of WasteExpo include:
- The hour-long "The Heavy Hitters" keynote panel will discuss industry trends technologies and challenges. It will take place Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. and Michael E. Hoffman, Managing Director, Stifel, a financial services holding company, will moderate. The CEO panelists include: Richard Burke, Chief Executive Officer, Advanced Disposal; Ronald J. Mittelstaedt, Chief Executive Officer, Waste Connections, Inc.; Joseph D. Quarin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd.; and David P. Steiner, President and Chief Executive Officer, Waste Management, Inc. To learn more, click here.
- The conference program, which includes nine tracks and 60 sessions, is taking on the important safety issues impacting the waste industry through a series of education sessions. In collaboration with the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA), the conference will cover the most serious safety problem in the industry – distracted driving. In addition, it will engage participants on issues around fire, loss control and crime prevention and legal risks. According to the U.S. Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics, the waste industry is the fifth most dangerous industry. To learn more about the conference program, click here.
- The exhibit hall will host more than 560 exhibitors exhibiting the latest equipment and technology. Click here to see the complete exhibitor list.
- The WasteExpo Investor Summit, which will take place Monday, June 1, 2015, will bring together senior management of major public and private solid, industrial and energy waste companies, innovators of new technologies and institutional investors. The Summit is produced in conjunction with Stifel (NYSE: SF) and hosted by Michael E. Hoffman, Managing Director at Stifel. Click here for the complete agenda.
- The Healthcare Waste Conference is co-located with WasteExpo and will take place June 3-4, 2015. The conference focuses on the regulatory, legislative and technical issues that affect the healthcare waste industry. It's the only annual conference in the U.S. strictly devoted to healthcare waste. Click here to learn more.
- The National Waste & Recycling Association's Awards Breakfast is the industry's opportunity to come together and honor its best. They will present the prestigious Driver of the Year Awards, recognize new inductees to the Hall of Fame, and more. The program takes place on Tuesday, June 2 beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- On Tuesday, June 2 from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. outside the Convention Center Central Halls, the MACK Refuse Test Drive & Demonstration will allow attendees to test-drive the new Mack LR model and the Innovations Central Demonstration Area will provide attendees with the latest products, including the new Odyssey Commercial and the Self-Contained Auger.
WasteExpo, which serves both the public and private sectors of the industry, draws a global audience of more than 1,200 attendees from more than 80 different countries. WasteExpo has been accepted by the Department of Commerce and is part of its International Buyer's Program. The event is one of 23 U.S. events that is part of the program.
Media interested in obtaining media credentials to attend WasteExpo, contact Meredith Fortunato, Meredith.email@example.com.
About Penton's Waste360 Group
Penton's Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and more and includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium, The Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 Recycling Summit, and four topical and timely e-newsletters. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
Penton drives performance for more than eighteen million professionals each and every day. They rely on us to deliver: Insights, information, data & workflow tools to inform critical business decisions; networking & community to engage them with industry peers & partners; and marketing services to advance their business performance & deliver ROI.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.