MILFORD, Conn., Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Perimeter E-Security, the trusted provider of secure and compliant infrastructure for companies of all sizes, today launched its Compliance and Continuity Suite for Microsoft Office 365 with enhanced continuity and eDiscovery capabilities for securely capturing and storing all incoming and outgoing messages.
According to The Radicati Group, the average corporate employee will send and receive about 112 email messages per day in 2011 and this volume will continue to grow. Many of these emails contain potentially sensitive information that could put the enterprise at risk if improperly disclosed. In addition, both internal policies and mandates by the SEC, FINRA, HIPAA, SOX, and the Federal Rules for Civil Procedures (FRCP) require companies to retain all messages for specific periods of time and have processes in place to discover, identify and retrieve potential messages with sensitive information. Selecting and managing an in-house archive solution has always been an expensive and time-consuming problem. With the movement of productivity applications and data to the cloud, this problem becomes more urgent.
"Enterprise CIOs love Office 365's value and convenience, but they are concerned about the security of their applications and data. When they move their productivity suites to the cloud, CIOs want to meet their compliance and security obligations without consuming valuable resources or staff time," said Andrew Jaquith, CTO of Perimeter E-Security. "Our new Compliance and Continuity Suite archives and retains all messages sent, received and stored in Office 365. In addition to being able to fulfill eDiscovery and audit requests in a timely fashion, Office 365 customers now have a solution from a trusted security provider — Perimeter — that meets all of their archiving, business continuity and security needs."
With Perimeter E-Security's Compliance and Continuity Suite for Office 365, organizations can now archive every email, preserve uptime, and increase the accuracy of internal and external compliance reviews. Using Perimeter's automated compliance workflow system, Office 365 customers can reduce risk and allow administrators to identify potential compliance violations before they occur.
Key features of Perimeter's Compliance and Continuity Suite for Office 365 include:
- Message mirroring, allowing 100 percent message availability through a web-based business continuity portal that allows users 24/7 access to their archives where they can send and receive emails in the event of an exchange outage.
- Tamper-proof storage that guarantees the integrity of message archives, essential for establishing chain of custody and complying with FRCP.
- User-friendly web-based interface that enables organizations to define their own complex, weighted policies for compliance monitoring. Administrators have 24/7 access to reports, policy configurations and role-based access control. Administrators and employees alike have 24/7 access to their own personal archives, plus others they have rights to.
- Parametric search to allow administrators, reviewers, counsel and employees the ability to quickly search archives based on message metadata, group membership, full-text or attachment contents and other parameters.
- Flexible message retention options governing the length of time messages are kept in the archive, which helps to minimize the risk of exposure and reduce archive expenses. These include support for multiple retention holds and role-based collections.
- Support for Electronic Discovery Reference Model functionality, notably the identification, collection and preservation of email and other critical information types.
Perimeter's Compliance and Continuity Suite for Office 365 builds on the same proven technology that powers the Company's SaaS Secure Messaging Suite 6.0. Released in July 2011, Secure Messaging 6.0 is the market's first complete secure cloud messaging solution with full support for Microsoft Exchange 2010. Perimeter's Secure Messaging solutions have been recognized by industry analysts such as Gartner, Forrester, Enterprise Management Group and Radicati Group as providing high value, strong return on investment, and tightly integrated security services.
Perimeter E-Security is the only enterprise security services provider offering both comprehensive threat management and secure messaging, underpinned by strong compliance expertise. With one million secure messaging users, USA.NET is consistently ranked as a top player in the business email services market. The Company filters 50 million emails per day, analyzes 240 million security events every day, and manages 200 terabytes of customer archives.
Perimeter E-Security delivers secure infrastructure from the cloud that businesses of all sizes rely on. Our advanced technology, expert intelligence, and superior scale makes our clients' information more secure, more highly available, compliant with regulations and less costly to manage. By using our solutions, our customers can focus on their core businesses and take advantage of new opportunities. Our growing customer base includes 6,000 organizations in the financial services, retail, healthcare, energy, critical infrastructure and manufacturing sectors. For more information, visit www.perimeterusa.com.
Join Our Community
SOURCE Perimeter E-Security