JERSEY CITY, N.J., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Rapid advances in technology, a generational sea change from Boomers to Millennials, and the emerging prominence of women advisors as a competitive differentiator are just a few of the ways in which advisors and broker-dealers are being challenged to reimagine and retool their businesses. These and other mission-critical developments will be explored over three days at INSITE 2014, the annual event for registered investment advisors and broker-dealers hosted by Pershing LLC, a BNY Mellon company. This year's conference will take place June 4-6 in Hollywood, Florida.
The unprecedented changes underway in the advisory business constitute a "call to action" that industry participants must respond to – or risk ending up behind the competitive curve. Among these imperatives, which have shaped the agenda for INSITE 2014:
- Investor appetite for innovative products and services tailored to their particular stage in life and demographic category is stronger than ever. As a result, advisors must serve their clients more effectively while running their businesses more efficiently. Delivering a new generation of highly integrated, scalable technology-based solutions that meet or exceed client expectations is central to Pershing's mission.
- Advisors must embrace the impact of Millennials as they succeed their more senior Boomer counterparts. Unless they develop and deploy practices that support this 'changing of the guard,' they will squander the opportunity to launch their businesses into this new era.
- The continuing expansion of women as material earners in the workforce, combined with a major wealth transfer in the coming decade, has placed advisory firm principals on notice. Strategies that recognize the positive impact of women advisors on best practices and the bottom line will be rewarded in the coming decade.
"Pershing's commitment to supporting the success of our clients and their investors requires us to maintain a solid foundation for growth based on best-of-breed technology and innovative solutions," said Caroline O'Connell, chief strategy officer at Pershing. "INSITE 2014 will provide advisors and broker-dealers with highly relevant, content-rich programming empowering them and their clients to succeed and grow in what is shaping up to be the most challenging and exciting era the industry has seen."
Drawing on the broad success of last year's conference, INSITE 2014 will bring together global thought leaders who will address in practical terms the issues that are redefining and driving today's industry agenda, including:
- The Dawn of a New Technology Age for Advisors: Insights into the strategies, people and processes needed to harness emerging technologies in today's global advisory business. Sessions will highlight ways in which advisors are leveraging integrated data management, reporting and technology solutions to deliver distinctive, investor-centric services, including the enhanced NetX360 platform, the newest developments from Albridge Wealth Reporting and new NetXInvestor portal.
- Financial Solutions: Sessions focusing on Pershing's new Retirement Plan Network, FundVest 200, the Pershing Turnkey Managed Account offering and Fully Paid Securities Lending.
- Business Growth: Pershing's latest research shows that organic growth can yield six times greater ROI than traditional recruiting. Rich, interactive discussions will center on effective practice management founded on consultative, consistent and connected client and investor relationships.
- Today's Top Regulatory Concerns: Dual registrants…Conflicts of interest…Safety of assets…Custody issues…. INSITE 2014 attendees will delve into the unprecedented regulatory and compliance challenges confronting RIAs today.
- New Perspectives - Alternative Mutual Funds as an Investment Solution: An exclusive panel will discuss the continuous growth of alternative mutual funds—also called liquid alternatives or alternative '40 Act funds—and how Pershing can help access these solutions through consultative guidance. It also will cover the helpful tools for clients who wish to actively manage long/short allocations.
In addition to valuable opportunities to network and learn first-hand from industry leaders as well as peers, INSITE 2014 attendees will enjoy featured presentations from a stellar list of speakers, including:
- Condoleezza Rice, who served as the 66th Secretary of State of the United States, the second woman and first African American woman to hold the post, and as National Security Advisor under President George W. Bush, the first woman in that role, will deliver the keynote address.
- Joe Torre, Executive Vice President for Baseball Operations for Major League Baseball, who earlier led the New York Yankees to four World Series wins during his 11-year span as manager, will share his leadership insights.
As part of BNY Mellon's corporate social responsibility program, Pershing is proud to support FEED at INSITE 2014. Throughout the first two days of INSITE 2014, attendees will have the opportunity to put together food backpacks to benefit a local South Florida food bank. In addition, each attendee will receive a FEED conference tote bag. For each bag gifted, 10 meals will be provided to children globally. This tote bag sale is part of FEED's mission to "create good products that help FEED the world." Each FEED bag, apparel item, and accessory sold has a set donation built into the cost of each product, which provides meals and micronutrients to children around the world.
INSITE 2014 is expected to attract more than 2,300 attendees, including investment professionals, independent RIAs, dually registered and hybrid advisors as well as senior-level product and marketing executives. It will be held at The Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, Florida. For additional information and to register online, please visit www.INSITE2014.com. To keep up-to-date on INSITE 2014 and to join the conversation on the issues that will be discussed, follow us on Twitter @Pershing and use hashtag #INSITE2014.
Pershing and its affiliates provide global financial business solutions to approximately 1,600 financial organizations, broker-dealers, registered investment advisory firms, advisors, fund managers and asset managers who represent over 5.6 million active accounts. Located in 23 offices worldwide, Pershing delivers dependable operational support, robust trading services, flexible technology, an expansive array of investment solutions, practice management support and service excellence. Pershing is a member of every major U.S. securities exchange, and its international affiliates are members of the Deutsche Borse, Australian Stock Exchange, Irish Stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange and Toronto Stock Exchange. Pershing LLC (member FINRA/NYSE/SIPC) is a BNY Mellon company. Additional information is available on pershing.com, or follow us on Twitter @Pershing.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of March 31, 2014, BNY Mellon had $27.9 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.
SOURCE BNY Mellon