NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As the 2012 Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year award winner and host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania has become the only hotel to stay at for the Westminster Dog Show. The Hotel has prepared exclusive 'Five-Paw' services to welcome over 500 canine participants for the 2012 Dog Show. The 136th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 13th and 14th, 2012 at Madison Square Garden, directly across the street from New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.
"No one caters to Westminster visitors as well as the Hotel Pennsylvania," said Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dog's Best Friend at the Hotel. "From the moment you check-in, you are greeted with commemorative postcards, dog treats, and pet-friendly staff. And with all of our exclusive events – from doggie marriages and even an Opera Singer – it's easy to see why we are 'top dog' when it comes to Westminster service and location."
To mark the 2012 event, the Hotel has setup a variety of exclusive daily events and amenities, including:
All-Weekend Exclusive Amenities
- The Hotel will again host the largest 24/7 in-door doggie spa in all of New York. The 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon & S'paw' offers a variety of amenities that Show participants require: exclusive DogTread Treadmills, bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, canine gym, walking area, and even his and hers relieving area. Don't forget about our Dog-tor's Corner, which offers a canine masseuse and animal communicator – only available at Hotel Pennsylvania!
- Our exclusive Doggie Concierge is on-site to attend to canine requirements.
- A full-service Paw Mall, located at the Dog S'paw', featuring the latest accessories for owners and pets to enjoy, from jewelry to pet clothing.
Friday's Exclusive Events
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel's Lobby with 2011 Westminster Dog Show participants (11am-2pm EST). Media will have an opportunity to interview participants from their corresponding local market.
- The Hotel will host the official Pre-Westminster Fashion Show & Gala (7pm-midnight EST), featuring a celebrity/canine Fashion Show, award ceremony, and 4 dog couple marriage ceremonies – a one-of-a-kind experience! During the evening, the hotel will officially receive the prestigious 2012 "Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year" award.
Saturday's Exclusive Events
- Pet writing enthusiasts will gather at the 4th Annual Business of Pet Writing Conference and network with the premiere people in the Publishing and pet industries (7am-5pm EST).
- A live radio broadcast of the popular pet show Talkin Pets with Jon Patch' (5pm-8pm). The three-hour live broadcast will feature celebrity and Dog Show guest interviews.
Sunday's Exclusive Events
- For our guests to relax before the Show, a 'Yappy Hour' Book Reading & Dog Training Demo (2pm-3pm). Join author Maureen Sullivan to hear from their award-winning book, Custard and Mustard. Natural Balance will showcase training tips for dogs using Natural Balance treats.
- The American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) & the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) 29th Annual Buffet Reception & Dance (7 pm-midnight EST).
Monday's Exclusive Events
- New York Metropolitan Opera star Janet Hopkins will serenade opera-loving AKC Grand Champion Sweetbriar's Ecco D'Oro with an Italian aria (1pm-1:30pm EST). Everyone is welcome to watch this one-of-a-kind performance!
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania offers special room rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those without dogs. To stay at the host Westminster hotel where all the action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally), 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or www.hotelpenn.com.
Media contacts: For interviews/photo opportunities, contact Jerry Grymek, LMA Communications Inc.,1-800-387-1399/416-440-2500, cell: 416-918-2043, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1919, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania has been host to millions of visitors to Manhattan, more than any other hotel in the world. The hotel is one of only two hotels in Manhattan to earn the prestigious ENERGY STAR award, which exemplifies superior energy performance and efficiency. Reservations can be made on-line at www.hotelpenn.com or by calling 212-736-5000/toll-free at 800-223-8585. The World's Most Popular Hotel is a registered trademark of New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.
SOURCE New York's Hotel Pennsylvania