SAN DIEGO, Aug. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With school back in session, football season underway and pumpkin-themed recipes all the rage again, Petco is sharing a few suggestions on how to make a seamless seasonal transition for you and your pets.
The seasonal change out of summer and into fall, means new routines, cooler weather and shorter days, all of which can impact your pet's life as much as your own. The following tips can help ensure you and your pets are ready to enjoy all of autumn's bounty, safely and happily, together:
Food & Fashion
- Fall Treats! The arrival of fall means the return of pumpkin-flavored treats, including the season's favorite indulgence - pumpkin spiced lattes! But did you know pumpkin is also good for your dog? Serve your dog pumpkin - raw or in a can - as a source of fiber or vitamin A. The soluble fiber in pumpkin can help with your dog's digestion.
- Stylish Picks! As you're building out your trendy fall wardrobe, remember to prepare your pet for the cool fall weather with this stylish, reflective Good2Go Reversible Yellow Dog Raincoat and these protective, comfortable Muttluks Blue Fleece Lined Dog Boots.
- Pets in the Classroom! As a new school year begins, many teachers will consider having a small pet in their classroom. Companion animals encourage interaction and fun learning moments by teaching kids how to care for, interact with and learn more about different animals. For example, keeping freshwater fish in the classroom is visually intriguing for young children and can also help teach responsibility with feeding and water changes. Teachers can apply for a Petco grant to acquire small pets or an aquarium, offering a great opportunity to teach students how to bond with and care for pets responsibly. For more, visit Petco.com/Kids.
- Small Pets, Big Adventure! Teachers (or parents) looking to add another pet to their family, can head to Petco for a fun family event celebrating the loveable, wonderful guinea pig. On Saturday, August 29, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., all Petco stores nationwide will be hosting fun-filled events, where everyone can learn all about these cute, social animals! Additionally, from August 28 - 30 you can take advantage of special in-store promotions, including 50 percent off the Kaytee Complete Guinea Pig Kit. For more, visit Petco.com/SmallPets. If you can't make the event, check out Petco's YouTube channel for help on setting up a Guinea Pig habitat, caring for a Guinea Pig and the best food and nutrition for these loveable pets.
Seasonal Skin Care & Pest Control
- Achoo! Fall is a time when allergies spring up for both you and your pet! Just like their pet parents, pets will display similar allergy symptoms, like sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, hives and rashes. For allergy relief, try NaturVet Aller-911 Skin Care Shampoo.
- Bug Off! With the cooler weather, insects abound. Shield yourself with bug spray and keep your furry friend safe against pests and ticks with Bayer Resultix Tick Spray for Dogs & Cats.
About Petco and the Petco Foundation
Celebrating 50 years of service to pet parents, Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that focuses on nurturing powerful relationships between people and pets. We do this by providing the products, services, advice and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,400 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including more than 120 Unleashed by Petco locations, a smaller format neighborhood shop; 10 Pooch Hotel destinations for pet daycare, boarding and spa services; prescription services and pet supplies from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster & Smith; and petco.com. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has raised more than $125 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, help find homes for more than 400,000 animals every year.
Contact: Lisa Stark, email@example.com