SAN DIEGO, Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- In keeping with its fast-paced growth plan, Petco, a leading specialty retailer of premium pet food, supplies and services, will begin 2017 by celebrating the grand re-opening of 14 remodeled stores in Los Angeles. Last year, Petco expanded its retail presence nationwide by opening 71 new stores and one new Unleashed by Petco store, remodeling 41 stores and expanding five stores.
Petco stores provide a one-stop shopping experience where pet parents can purchase anything from pet food to toys and apparel, while addressing their pets holistic-health needs. Pet parents can also get their pets new year-ready with Petco's large range of wellness products and services, which includes pet nutrition advice, training classes and workshops, grooming salons, self-serve dog wash, dog training areas and in-store Vetco clinics.
The stores will continue to offer a wide selection of private label offerings sold exclusively at Petco, including the Trolls, Star Wars and Dr. Seuss Pet Fans Collections.
The following 14 Petco stores will celebrate grand re-openings on January 13-15 and will celebrate their Wellness Weekend on January 21-22:
- Lakewood located at 5215 Lakewood Blvd., Lakewood, CA 90712
- Buena Park located at 6020 Ball Road, Buena Park, CA 90620
- Redondo Beach North located at 3901 Inglewood Ave., Redondo Beach, CA 90278
- Whittier located at 13420 Whittier Blvd., Whittier, CA 90605
- Canoga Park located at 6615 Fallbrook Ave., Canoga Park, CA 91307
- San Pedro located at 852 N. Western Ave., San Pedro, CA 90732
- Glendale located at 231 N. Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206
- La Canada located at 475 Foothill Blvd., La Canada, CA 91011
- Santa Clarita located at 26501 Bouquet Canyon Road, Saugus, CA 91350
- South Pasadena located at 845 S, Arroyo Pkwy., Pasadena, 91105
- Torrance located at 24413 Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance, CA 90505
- Westchester located at 8801 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Downey located at 8580 Firestone Blvd., Downey, 90241
- Westwood located at 1873 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
People and pets are invited to attend the opening festivities taking place at each store, and a special Wellness Center celebration the following weekend, where pet parents will receive a voucher for a free vaccination package for their dog or cat. Grand opening activities include ribbon cutting ceremonies, as well as in-store adoption events and special offers for Pals Rewards customers.
For more information about the grand opening activities visit petco.com/Losangeles.
About Petco and the Petco Foundation
With more than 50 years of service to pet parents, Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that focuses on nurturing powerful relationships between people and pets. We do this by providing the products, services, advice and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,500 Petco and Unleashed by Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico; prescription services and pet supplies from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster & Smith; and petco.com. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has invested more than $175 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, help find homes for more than 400,000 animals every year.
Megan Oxford, Megan.Oxford@petco.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/petco-starts-2017-with-continued-growth-path-300388295.html