SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today reminds customers enjoying the winter holidays to stay safe and warm with these simple holiday safety tips:
Five Holiday Safety Tips
- Start with a Clean Oven to reduce the risk of a grease fire and better tasting food this holiday—and if you start clean there is less to do after your meal.
- Plug in Smart by using three-pronged plugs and not overloading an outlet with all your holiday lights—you can also use timers to save on your energy bill.
- Check the Connections to all gas appliances before your company arrives expecting cookies—taking the time now will keep your family safe and warm as demand on these appliances increases.
- Clear the Range from anything flammable including dish towels, pot holders and recipe cards—this is one of the easiest yet most important safety steps you can take to protect your home from fire.
- Have an Emergency Plan for more than just burning the turkey—create a household emergency preparedness plan and share the plan with house guests this holiday season.
PG&E also recognizes its men and women who will be working through the Thanksgiving holiday, keeping lights on and gas flowing for customers gathering with friends and family across Northern and Central California service territory.
"We're grateful for the tireless work of the women and men who will put on their hardhats and safety vests instead of sitting down with their families this holiday season," said Tim Fitzpatrick, PG&E's chief communications officer. "We often take for granted that our ovens and lights turn on safely when we flip the switch, and as we all stop to say thank you, we at PG&E want to express our gratitude to those employees who help make this possible."
Thanksgiving presents unique demands on the gas and electric system as families and friends gather together at home for traditional meals and celebrations. Whether gelatin molds, vegan stuffing or deep-fried turkeys, PG&E will remain on the job to make sure its customers can enjoy their holiday traditions with friends, family and community.
For more ways to stay safe this holiday season visit www.pge.com/safety.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with more than 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit www.pge.com/ and www.pge.com/en/about/newsroom/index.page.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pge-provides-five-safety-tips-to-help-households-stay-safe-and-warm-this-thanksgiving-300000348.html
SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)