TAMPA, Fla., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- ISPE announced today that it will bring together top executives from the aerospace, automotive and other non-pharmaceutical industries to share manufacturing and quality innovations in an Executive Forum in Philadelphia, Penn. USA, 2-3 April 2013. Attendees will receive a rare opportunity to convene with world-class leaders and to gain industry-advancing insight related to lifecycle development and management, best manufacturing practices, supplier development, quality management systems and leadership.
"ISPE is dedicated to leading the pharmaceutical industry by addressing significant issues that have the greatest potential to enhance manufacturing and production, quality, engineering and regulatory matters throughout the product lifecycle. Through this all-new event, ISPE will facilitate executive-level discussions that go beyond best practices in the pharmaceutical industry, featuring presentations from other industries facing similar manufacturing, quality and global integration challenges," said Nancy Berg, ISPE President and CEO. "The discussions planned for this conference will help Members, pharmaceutical companies and their suppliers translate solutions and lessons learned from other industries into their own operations."
Notable speakers at this conference include:
- Janet Woodcock, Director, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), FDA, USA
- Craig Kennedy, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Merck Manufacturing Division, Merck & Co. Inc., USA
- Philip Dunford, Vice President, General Manager, Boeing Military Aircraft, The Boeing Company, USA
- Ken Shead, Vice President of Quality and Manufacturing, The Boeing Company, USA
- Jerry Bussell, Author of "Anatomy of a Lean Leader", President, Bussell Lean Associates, retired Vice President of Operational Excellence, Medtronic Surgical Technologies
Pharma industry executives leading this event serving as moderators include:
- Mary Oates, Vice President Global Quality, Pfizer
- Andy Skibo, Executive Vice President, Operations, MedImmune
- Joe Famulare, Senior Director, Global Compliance & External Collaboration, Genentech
- Andy Signore, President and Founder, Institute for Strategic Growth.
More information on the 2013 ISPE Executive Forum, including complete education details and registration information is available at www.ISPE.org/2013ExecutiveForum.
ISPE, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, is the world's largest not-for-profit association serving its Members through leading scientific, technical and regulatory advancement throughout the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 20,000 Members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe and effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters in Tampa, Florida, USA and offices in Brussels, Belgium, Singapore and Shanghai, China. Visit www.ISPE.org for more information.
For more information contact:
ISPE Communications Manager