BURLINGTON, Mass., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that physician digital maturity and channel preference vary widely from market to market, according to data from Manhattan Research's Taking the Pulse® Global 2014 study. Because opportunities for physician engagement differ by market, marketers must target their approach in order to optimize investments.
Areas for physician engagement opportunities in China, Brazil and Australia from Taking the Pulse® Global 2014 include:
- Smartphones in China: Smartphone adoption in China is strong, with four in five physicians now owning or using this device for professional purposes. Physicians in China are using smartphones for a variety of activities, making it necessary for marketers to tailor their approach when developing smartphone content aimed at physicians in China.
- Tablet-reps in Brazil: Over three in four physicians in Brazil have seen a tablet-rep in 2014. Despite achieving strong tablet-rep deployment, physician satisfaction remains relatively low. Content and user-experience need to improve in order to enhance tablet-rep campaigns and increase physician satisfaction.
- EHRs in Australia: Electronic health record (EHR) adoption is strong in Australia with 72 percent of physicians using this platform. In addition, physicians are spending a large portion of their workday using EHR systems for a variety of clinical activities. Marketers must now consider how to be present across multiple platforms including EHRs.
- Director of Physician Research James Avallone said: "A one-size-fits-all digital global strategy will not suffice for optimal engagement with physicians in 2014. From the dominance of mobile devices in China to the impact EHRs are having on open digital access in the U.S., the markets have become too differentiated for a universal approach."
- Vice President of Marketing Innovation Solutions Meredith Ressi adds: "Many companies now centralize digital best practices through global centers of excellence, while also giving local affiliates the flexibility to tweak their approach and asset mix to suit local market demand. These findings highlight the necessity of this tailored approach and can help multinational companies inform these priorities by market."
- Download our informational Global Physician Digital Engagement Opportunity Infographic covering key global opportunities for physician engagement by country here.
- Decision Resources Group will present a webinar on April 29th at 11 am Eastern Time based on the Taking the Pulse® U.S. 2014 study. Find out more information here.
About Taking the Pulse® Global Series
Taking the Pulse® Global is Decision Resources Group's annual market research study and syndicated advisory service focused on how physicians use digital media and devices for professional purposes and pharma interaction, with the objective of helping global marketers assess opportunities for providing content, services, and support to physicians online. Manhattan Research offers the Taking the Pulse® study for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States. Learn more here.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Decision Resources Group's Manhattan Research product line offers insights and analysis on digital health trends among healthcare professionals and consumers in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Find out more at www.manhattanresearch.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group