COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PHD Virtual Technologies, a Unitrends company, today announced a limited time offer of free virtual backup for Microsoft® Hyper-V®. Available now, PHD Virtual Backup 7 for Hyper-V provides complete data protection for Hyper-V environments free of charge.
Powered by the Virtual Backup 7 architecture, this new solution ensures quick access to data with minimal impact on production applications. Key benefits include:
- High-speed performance
- Extensive scalability and simplified management
- Multiple recovery methods
- Environment-wide reporting and interactive dashboards
- Elimination of extra hardware, software and training
- Free local backup for Hyper-V
"Being a healthcare system, we are subject to HIPAA regulations requiring quick recovery of data from disks, and PHD Virtual's backup solution for Hyper-V gives us an ideal way to meet these requirements," said Aaron Koch, manager of information systems at Northwest Health Systems. "Other solutions we looked at were too complicated, unreliable and not designed to meet the specific needs of a virtual environment. PHD's innovative approach of using a virtual backup appliance to back up virtual machines is easy to use, highly reliable and has far less impact on the production environment. On top of that, it's being offered for free."
Offering complete data protection that leverages the latest in image-based backup technology, PHD Virtual Backup 7 for Hyper-V:
- Supports all three major hypervisors – PHD Virtual is the only vendor supporting Microsoft, VMware® and Citrix® without requiring agents in the guest virtual machine.
- Provides advanced reporting – A new Web-based interface features a user-friendly dashboard with advanced reporting for a customer's entire backup environment.
- Delivers global deduplication – PHD Virtual Backup 7 for Hyper-V uses built-in, multi-stage deduplication technology that averages a dedupe ratio of up to 25:1 to reduce typical storage requirements by more than 90 percent.
- Assures block level verification – The solution uses reliable data transfer to detect corrupted data during backup and automatically corrects it.
- Leverages new v7 architecture – The new v7 architecture provides unique scalability and data management capabilities.
"With this release, PHD Virtual becomes the only agentless virtual backup company to support Microsoft, VMware and Citrix," said Joe Noonan, senior product manager at PHD Virtual. "This enables our customers to leverage the best virtual backup product with their hypervisor of choice -- at no cost."
To get PHD Virtual Backup 7 for Hyper-V free, visit http://www.phdvirtual.com/hyper-v-backup/overview. For the company's latest news and events, go to http://phdvirtual.com/newsandevents, or visit PHD Virtual's Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages. PHD Virtual's press releases can also be accessed via the company RSS feed: http://www.phdvirtual.com/rss/news-and-events.xml.
About PHD Virtual Technologies
PHD Virtual provides the best value in data protection and recovery assurance for virtual and cloud environments. More than 6,500 customers worldwide rely on its solutions that reduce the risks and costs of recovery, are easier to use and far more affordable than competitive alternatives. PHD Virtual has been transforming data protection and recovery assurance since 2006. For more information, please visit: http://www.phdvirtual.com/.
All names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Unitrends provides physical, virtual and cloud-based protection and recovery for every organization's most valuable assets: its data and applications. Supported by a "crazy-committed" customer service model based on engagement, experience and excellence, the company consistently achieves a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating and delivers the best cost-to-value ratio in the data protection industry. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.