STAMFORD, Conn., Nov. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Is demanding perfection in a shaver too much to ask? Philips Norelco, the world's #1 electric shaving brand, doesn't think so. When it comes to shaving, men face a universal challenge– getting a comfortably close shave. With the new Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000, featuring revolutionary Contour Detect technology, men can finally get the perfect shave in every pass so they can look their best and feel confident in whatever they do.
Packed with new, innovative technology, Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000 delivers the closest shave without compromising comfort, control or choice. Stand-out innovations include:
- Proprietary Contour Detect technology, which allows the three rotary shaving heads to simultaneously flex in eight different directions. This movement intuitively detects and follows every contour on a man's face, capturing 20 percent more hairs in every pass.
- With its new state-of-the-art cutting system – V-Track Precision blades – the shaver can reach hairs at any angle, including hard-to-reach areas on the neck, cutting hairs up to 30 percent closer to the skin*.
- A unique SmartClean system cleans, dries, charges and lubricates Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000 at the touch of a button, so it shaves like the first time, every time.
"Delivering on our promise of creating meaningful innovation, the Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000 combines world class engineering with innovative design to give men our most advanced shaving experience yet, with the most convenient way to maintain their shaver at peak performance," says Annette Domnik, Senior Marketing Director for Philips Personal Care. "We are committed to consistently raising the bar in the male grooming category - bringing new advancements in shaving to men who want the latest and best in shaving technology."
A Baseball Great Will Put Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000 to Bat:
Next week, a baseball legend will put Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000 to the test to see if it can truly master the contours and angles of his face. Get ready for the #RidgeRunner Challenge:
- Personal comfort settings allow men to adjust the shaver to suit their skin and hair type for optimal comfort on all parts of the face and neck.
- Motion Sensor interface displays battery level, cleaning indicator, replacement head indicator and travel lock indicator-all with the touch of your hand.
- Aquatec Wet & Dry Technology allows for a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave, with or without shaving cream.
The new Philips Norelco Shaver Series 9000 is available in most mass and department stores including Walmart, Target, Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohls and Best Buy. For more information, please visit Philips.com/Norelco.
*As compared to other Philips Norelco electric shavers
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips ( NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 113,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-norelco-unlocks-the-science-behind-the-perfect-shave-at-any-angle-with-its-new-shaver-series-9000-300000283.html
SOURCE Royal Philips