LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) today launched a range of new products at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), focused on making it easier and more enjoyable for consumers to work out, watch TV and movies, and listen to music, whether they are at home or taking their entertainment on the road.
Among the products announced today are Philips Activa, a portable audio player with unique features to encourage more intense workouts; innovations for the home that include the Philips PVD900 portable LCD TV, Philips PET749 Portable DVD Player and Simply Straight wall mounts and Wireless HDTV link; and GoGear VIBE MP3 players, which start at a suggested list price of only $49.99.
"The line of new products Philips is announcing today are designed to offer simple and innovative solutions that improve every part of the consumer's lifestyle: from eliminating the need for multiple devices and saving time, to providing entertainment on-the-go, optimizing fitness activity and enhancing home electronics," said Bret Furio, Senior Vice President, Philips Consumer Lifestyle North America. "Consumers increasingly want seamless, simple connections between life at home, at work, and everywhere else they go, and Philips is committed to delivering the solutions that make these connections easy and enjoyable."
Designed to improve people's lives through meaningful innovation, these latest products make the experience of getting in shape, watching TV and movies, and listening to music simpler and more rewarding:
- Philips Activa - Activa is a portable audio player designer to help motivate people to work out more frequently and intensely. It provides stimulating real-time feedback on a workout performance and works seamlessly with a person's music library via Philips Songbird. A proprietary new technology from Philips called TempoMusic automatically synchronizes music to work out pace and acts like a trainer. Activa plays more intense, fast-tempo songs as the user's activity rate increases.
- Philips Songbird - Philips Songbird is a single, open-platform media-player program that makes it simple to discover media on the Web, listen to music, play videos, share files and photos and sync to Philips GoGear MP3 players.
- Philips PET749 Portable DVD Player with Built-in TV receiver - A first in portable entertainment, this 2010 CES Innovation Honoree features a built-in TV receiver and offers free-to-air TV and DVD playback in a sleek form that epitomizes function, convenience and style. With the 7" TFT LCD screen, consumers can enjoy up to 3 hours of battery life to watch television, movies and listen to music on the go.
- Philips PVD900 Portable LCD TV- Featuring an integrated digital tuner with an electronic program guide, the Philips PVD900 portable LCD TV also has a built-in USB and SD card slot for viewing photos or watching DivX videos, as well as listening to your favorite MP3 and WMA tunes.
- GoGear ViBE & Muse MP3 players - Featuring Philips FullSound® technology, GoGear MP3 players upgrade regular MP3 performance to a high-quality audio experience. Four new players- GoGear ViBE 4GB SA2VBE04K/17, GoGear ViBE 8GB SA2VBE08K/17, GoGear Muse 8GB SA2MUS08S/17, and the GoGear Muse 16GB SA2MUS16S/17- also support a broad range of content-download stores and easy syncing with Philips Songbird. With the ViBE SA2VBE04K/17 starting at a suggested retail price of $49.99, Philips GoGear MP3 players offer a range of affordable choices for quality audio and video on-the-go.
- Simply Straight Wall Mounts and Wireless HDTV Link - Philips Wall Mounts are simple yet precisely engineered to help consumers achieve the perfect results when installing their wall-mounted TVs. The Simply Straight wall mounts are available in two sizes: Universal TVs (SQM6325 30-42," SQM6375 47-60") and Philips TVs (SQM6125 32-37," SQM6175 42-52").
Philips Wireless HDTV Link SWW1800/27 enables an HDTV to be set up anywhere without ruining a room's design aesthetic. The sleek, stylish unit transmits the best-quality high-definition TV signal (up to 1080p) to AV components as far as 65 feet from the TV, allowing the components and their cables to be concealed from sight.
- Philips Sound Docks - The SBD7500 and DC290 sound docks combine sleek design and portability with superb sound quality:
SBD7500 - A 2010 CES Innovation Honoree for Design, the iPhone/iPod Speaker Dock is designed to fit easily into a briefcase or laptop bag. It features exclusive wOOx technology plus Dynamic Bass boost for full rich sound, along with a battery that lasts up to 8 hours.
DC290 - This iPhone/iPod Docking Clock Radio offers a complete hi-fi system at an affordable price, combining the ability to play and charge iPhones and MP3 players with a rich and clear sound experience powered by 2x6W RMS total output.
Stylish notebook accessories for the mobile lifestyle
Philips has also introduced a new range of notebook accessories, designed around today's mobile lifestyle. The range consists of notebook sleeves, a Notebook CushionSpeaker, several models of USB speakers, a Bluetooth-enabled mouse, a webcam with cable management and direct YouTube® upload, and a handy presenter - all with a stylish touch of technology.
For more information on the products, please visit www.philips.com or visit Philips at the Philips Consumer Lifestyle Lounge at the Venetian Hotel on January 7-8.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified Health and Well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of "sense and simplicity". Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs more than 118,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 26 billion in 2008, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in flat TV, male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google.
SOURCE Royal Philips Electronics