SEATTLE, Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Photo Interactive Experience (PIX 2015), presented by DPReview, in association with Amazon and the Photo Marketing Association, is announcing an inspiring lineup of speakers at its upcoming two-day, live-streamed expo and conference being held on October 6th and 7th at the Seattle Center in Seattle, WA.
re:FRAME Photography Talks, taking place in the lecture theater at McCaw Hall on both days, will offer informative and inspiring discussions and presentations by a diverse line up of more than 30 professional photographers.
Simon Joinson, General Manager of DPReview and PIX 2015 organizer, commented: "We're delighted to welcome such an impressive roster of photographers to speak during our re:FRAME Photography Talks. Our speakers this year include some of the most prolific working photographers today who will discuss a variety of topics — including the power of photography to make an impact, and its vital role in educating and connecting people around the globe."
Highlights from this year's speakers during re:FRAME include:
- PIX 2015 Keynote Speaker Cristina Mittermeier: Mittermeier, a Sony Artisan of Imagery, is a marine biologist and photographer who specializes in conservation issues surrounding fisheries and indigenous cultures. She is the founder and former president of the International League of Conservation Photographers and was recognized as one of the World's 40 Most Influential Outdoor Photographers by Outdoor Photographer magazine.
- PIX 2015 Closing Speaker Brian Ach: Ach is a New York-based Samsung Image-logger/photographer who blurs the lines between editorial and commercial photography. From traveling with Prince as his European tour photographer to portraiture with top celebrities, Ach is equally adept behind-the-scenes, on location or in the studio. His work has been featured in Rolling Stone, People, Time, Entertainment Weekly, The NY Times, and Travel and Leisure.
- David Fitzsimmons: A leader in the children & nature movement, his "Curious Critters" picture books have sold more than 100,000 copies
- Tim Matsui: An Emmy-nominated visual journalist and filmmaker whose work focuses on human trafficking, alternative energy, and the environment
- Brian Smith: A Pulitzer-prize winning photographer who focuses on celebrity portraits; work has appeared in Sports Illustrated, Time and Forbes
- Aaron Huey: A National Geographic photographer who's captured stories around the world, which have also appeared in Harper's magazine
- Laura Winslow: Portrait and commercial photographer whose work has appeared in Real Simple, Rangefinder and on HGTV.com
- Ibarionex Perello: Host & producer of 'The Candid Frame' photography podcast and contributor to MaximumFun, which produces NPR's Bullseye
- Rick Sammon: A Canon Explorer of Light, known as one of the most prolific working photographers today
- Lynette Johnson: A family and wedding photographer who photographs those enduring life-threatening situations through her non-profit 'Soulumination'
- Devin Allen: His photos of the 2014 Ferguson riots have been shared by media organizations around the world, including Time magazine
- Benjamin Von Wong: His hyper-realistic art style captures viewers in a fusion of special effects and innovative concepts
- Max Lowe: A National Geographic photographer and writer who shares his experiences of extraordinary moments, wildlife, people and places
All of the speakers will share thought-provoking and inspiring stories about the impact of photography on their lives and work. Each discussion, including the keynote and closing speech, will be live-streamed via pix2015.com, Amazon, and other partner sites. For the complete list and schedule of speakers during re:FRAME at PIX 2015, please visit: www.pix2015.com/schedule
Reserved-seat passes for the re:FRAME Photography Talks are available for a fee in limited quantities at www.pix2015.com.
Digital Photography Review's mission is to provide the most authoritative reviews of, the fastest, fullest news reports about, and the most comprehensive database of consumer digital cameras in the world, and to provide an open, active forum and useful tools for its community.
Digital Photography Review was founded in December 1998 and over the years has grown to include a vast digital camera database, timeline, forum, image sample galleries, a glossary and articles section, lens, printer and software reviews, user galleries, photo challenges and much more.
Today DPReview (http://dpreview.com/) is the world's most popular dedicated enthusiast digital photography site. DPReview believes in original and unbiased content with as much detail as it can provide. In 2007, Digital Photography Review was acquired by Amazon.com.