LOS ANGELES, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Have you ever played a mobile game that literally changed the world? You can with Zig Zag Zoom's mobile game Tree Story. Founded by former Disney Interactive executives, Zig Zag Zoom is dedicated to the mission of engaging mobile gamers to have fun and do good. Supporting this mission, the company is launching Tree Story, a groundbreaking experience where nurturing "virtual pet" trees results in planting Real Trees. A Tree Story trailer, with voice over from Ed Begley, Jr. can be seen here.
- Tree Story, the first mobile game release from Zig Zag Zoom, is available today on the iTunes App Store.
- Tree Story introduces Seedling, Sapling and Treeling…the starring characters of Tree Story brought to life as adorable tree pets by former Disney artists and animators.
- The game is a fun and highly captivating "virtual pet" game for your smartphone, where players nurture tree seedlings with water, sun, food and love to grow them into fully grown trees…while playing exciting action and puzzle games. Once grown, the virtual trees are sent to virtual forests and then Real World trees get planted!
- The game was developed in partnership with Tree Planet, a successful game in South Korea that won multiple social innovation awards and has resulted to date in the planting of more than 500,000 trees in 73 forests across 10 countries.
- Trees will be planted by leading organizations including the U.S. Forest Service, Alliance for Community Trees, the Arbor Day Foundation, Project Learning Tree, and The Nature Conservancy.
Tree Story Gameplay
- You start by choosing where you want to plant your Real Tree – an urban forest, a school, or featured plantings like the Jimi Hendrix Park in Seattle.
- Then you choose from a variety of tree types – elm, pine or magnolia…Raise your tree from Seedling to full-grown Treeling, and then send it off to be planted!
- While nurturing your tree, you play a variety of action and puzzle games that entertain you and your tree – everything from match-3 games to physic-based games to platform games, and more!
- When your trees are all grown up, our expert tree-planting partners will help turn your virtual trees into real trees to be planted!
- With your help, we can plant trees all over the country, and all over the world!
Tree Story Features
- PLANT REAL TREES AS YOU PLAY: Make a difference! When you raise virtual trees in Tree Story, our partners plant REAL trees in forests and urban groves!
- MEET SEEDLING, SAPLING, TREELING: Tree Story introduces new tree characters that you can collect as you play the game.
- CARE FOR YOUR TREES: Look after your trees by feeding, watering, pruning, and giving them love and sunshine.
- CHOOSE AMONG LOADS OF GAMES & ACTIVITIES: Choose from a variety of forest-themed action and puzzle games that will keep you and your trees entertained. Play them to have fun and to earn in-game coins that you use to buy food to feed your tree and to buy plushies to keep them happy.
- PROTECT YOUR TREES: Fend off nasty harmful pests to keep your trees safe and happy.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR ANIMATED TREES: Animated in a cute and unique 2D style, all of our huggable tree characters are based on real trees, but unlike real trees you can dress Tree Story trees up in tons of fun and stylish outfits!
- TALK TO YOUR TREES; Talk with your device's mic and listen while your trees talk back.
- EXPERIMENT WITH POTIONS: Earn in-game coins to buy potions that will speed up your game, so you can grow and plant EVEN MORE trees!
- LEARN TREE FACTS: Trees are amazing! Impress your friends with cool tree facts found in the game!
- HELP REFORESTATION EFFORTS: Help our partners (U.S. Forest Service, Alliance for Community Trees, Arbor Day Foundation, Project Learning Tree and The Nature Conservancy) by sending your trees to reforest areas affected by wildfires, to repopulate endangered tree species, to create more habitat for animals and birds and to improve and beautify our schools and our neighborhoods!
Zig Zag Zoom's Mobiliz3 platform
- Tree Story is the first game on Zig Zag Zoom's mobiliz3 platform.
- Enormous amounts of time and energy are invested in playing mobile games. Americans spend 2 hours and 38 minutes on their phones everyday with 32% dedicated to playing games – the single largest category of apps. (Source: Flurry). mobiliz3 channels this energy to Do Good!
- mobiliz3 is a publishing platform that invites mobile gamers, developers, cause organizations and corporations to make a difference through mobile games.
- mobiliz3 has a unique engine that empowers game players to support causes they care about. Players earn mobiliz3 points while playing fun mobile games. Players then direct mobiliz3 points to causes of their choice directly through the mobiliz3 platform. These mobiliz3 points translate to dollars and fund real world activity.
Thomas Kang, CEO of Zig Zag Zoom: "Our game is the perfect blend of having fun, feeling good and doing good. We are excited to be launching our first game to show that playing mobile games can literally change the world. We make it easy and fun in Tree Story."
Tree Story web site
Tree Planet web site
U.S.Forest Services web site
Alliance for Community Trees web site
Arbor Day Foundation web site
Project Learning Tree web site
The Nature Conservancy web site
About Zig Zag Zoom
Based in Los Angeles, CA, Zig Zag Zoom (Z3) is a mobile game publisher built on the principle that people want to both Have Fun and Do Good. Z3's mission is to be a world-leading network for mobile games that Entertains, Connects, and Empowers millions of daily users to support the causes they care about by simply playing fun mobile games. Founded by a team of former senior Disney executives and partnered with China's largest independent mobile gaming platform iDreamSky, Z3 has decades of combined game development and publishing experience, as well as exceptional access to the Chinese market. Along with a slate of games releasing in 2015, Z3 is launching mobiliz3, a proprietary platform that empowers gamers to support their favorite causes while playing their favorite games. Z3 seeks to change the world for good…one game at a time. The company can be found online at www.zigzagzoom.com
SOURCE Zig Zag Zoom