BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Oct. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Two days before Playboy's November/December 2017 issue was going to press, the world learned about the passing of Hugh M. Hefner on September 27, 2017. Adorning the cover is an image of Hugh M. Hefner, photographed by Larry Gordon in 1965. The first six pages of the November/December 2017 issue are a celebration of Mr. Hefner's life. The new issue is a prelude to a forthcoming 100+ page special tribute dedicated to the man who changed the world with his visionary magazine and company.
With a diverse, exclusively American-made Holiday Gift Guide, Playboy Interview with Chelsea Handler, exclusive Bettie Page comic, 20Q with James Corden, and in-depth journalism on Uganda's LGBTQ community and Estonia's ambitious leadership in technology, Playboy's November/December 2017 issue closes out the year in dignified fashion.
Additional highlights of the November/December 2017 issue of Playboy magazine include:
- November Playmate: Parisian bombshell and high-fashion model Ines Rau returns to the pages of the magazine (previously featured in Playboy's May 2014 A-Z issue) and makes history as Playboy's first transgender Playmate with a pictorial and centerfold, photographed by Derek Kettela.
- December Playmate: former beauty queen and now Playboy's December 2017 Playmate, Allie Leggett is a force of nature with a sultry 11-page pictorial and centerfold, shot by Ali Mitton.
- The Playboy Philosophy: in the third installment of this modern update, Cooper Hefner encourages discussion surrounding conservation and environmentalism.
- Exclusive to Playboy: Dynamite shares a chapter from The Secret Diary of Bettie Page comic, written by David Avallone.
- Art: Shepard Fairey offers a sneak preview of his new solo show, Damaged.
- Fiction: two installments featuring Under the Clock by Robert Coover and Artemis by Andy Weir.
Playboy's November/December 2017 issue is now available for download at Playboy.com and on newsstands nationwide on October 31, 2017.
About Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
Playboy is one of the most recognized and popular consumer brands in the world. Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a media and lifestyle company that markets the brand through a wide range of media properties and licensing initiatives. The company publishes Playboy magazine in the United States and licenses foreign editions of Playboy around the world; operates Playboy.com, a leading men's lifestyle and entertainment site; and creates content for distribution via television networks, websites, mobile platforms and radio. Through licensing agreements, the Playboy brand appears on a wide range of consumer products in more than 180 countries, as well as retail stores and entertainment venues. For more information about Playboy Enterprises, please visit www.PlayboyEnterprises.com.
SOURCE Playboy Enterprises, Inc.