NASHUA, N.H., July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Plexxi, a pioneer of the application-defined network, announced today the introduction of Plexxi Connect 2.0 and Plexxi Control 2.4. The two new software releases enable the industry's first network fabric to deliver per-workload segmentation, security, optimization and visualization for Private Cloud (enterprise) and Public Cloud (Service Provider) data centers. These new capabilities eliminate the limitations of conventional designs where costly and complex parallel networks are built to ensure adequate performance and service quality for different applications and workloads.
According to Gartner, "HCISs have been introduced as application-specific environments, often hosting less demanding workloads such as virtual desktop environments, application development and remote office/branch office infrastructure... As HCIS workloads move beyond the common virtual desktop deployments, it will become critical to understand the needs of each workload. Clusters will grow in size, message sizes may grow, I/O loads will increase by 10 times and traffic patterns will shift." Gartner Inc. "Use Networking to Differentiate Your Hyperconverged System," May 26, 2016, Joe Skorupa, Jeffrey Hewitt, Evan Zeng.
Cloud Builders focused on building next generation application defined data centers are leveraging CI and HCIS advancements to cost-effectively support a diverse set of applications and workloads. A fully converged multipurpose data center requires a network that is automated, secure and provides visibility to the workload level.
"Aligned has created the first on-demand utility model for an evolving data center industry, aimed at providing cloud players with infrastructure that is as elastic as next generation compute and storage," said Aligned Energy CEO Jakob Carnemark. "Plexxi's network solution provides the application responsive network layer. Together, we can deliver the first true software-defined data center infrastructure where our customers can enjoy a fully integrated network and data center alternative that can be consumed as a service."
Plexxi's Cloud Building tools (including Plexxi Switch, Plexxi Control 2.4 and Plexxi Connect 2.0) deliver deep integration at the hardware, hypervisor and management levels providing workload awareness and workflow automation.
- Open application integration – Plexxi Connect 2.0 Open Integration Platform now features integration packs to transparently automate network response to compute / storage operations. Integrations currently include VMware vCenter, Nutanix Prism and Hortonworks Ambari.
- Per-workload visualization – Through Plexxi Control 2.4 software, data centers can now, for the very first time, visualize and track where and how traffic (per-workload) is being distributed across the network fabric
- Per-workload segmentation – Plexxi Control leverages unique paths across the Plexxi Switch network fabric to distribute traffic load and better utilize the available pool of network capacity
- Per-workload security – Plexxi Control physically and logically isolates traffic across the fabric protecting assets and services as well as providing traffic service chaining to existing security tools (firewalls, deep packet inspections, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Per-workload optimization – Plexxi Control understands the performance, latency and capacity requirements of individual application workloads and delivers real-time fabric elasticity (scaling up or down) to guarantee application-level service level agreements (SLAs)
"As they gain confidence in hyperconverged infrastructure, enterprises are pulling in more critical applications with greater demands for performance," said Eric Hanselman, Chief Analyst at 451 Research. "To successfully support these more demanding workloads and greater scale, organizations will need networking gear with dynamic, automated network capacity management that can deliver the SLA-style mandates that their business users require."
"Converged and hyperconverged benefits are becoming much clearer and moving into the forefront of data center design," said Rich Napolitano, Plexxi's CEO. "Cloud Builders recognize that optimizing these next generation data center investments is critical and can only be achieved by moving to a new type of network infrastructure that is agile, automated and focused on applications versus components."
About Plexxi Inc.
Plexxi delivers converged, application-defined network infrastructure building blocks and systems for building software-defined data centers and public / private clouds. Plexxi solutions enable Cloud Builders to harness the power of a single, simple platform to create private/public/hybrid cloud and data center networks. Plexxi's converged infrastructure and application defined networking solutions provide a comprehensive suite of building blocks, from hardware to management and application integrations that dynamically help applications to perform better at half the capital and operating expense of legacy solutions. Headquartered in Nashua, N.H., Plexxi investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.plexxi.com or follow us on Twitter @PlexxiInc.
Plexxi is a registered trademark of Plexxi Inc. in jurisdictions around the world. Other company names or product names are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their owner(s).
InkHouse for Plexxi