PARSIPPANY, N.J., Nov. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Point of Care Network (POCN) is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 America's Top Nurse Practitioner (ATNP) Awards. This award recognizes 10 of the top Nurse Practitioners (NPs) practicing today. This year's winners are as follows:
- Peter Triporo, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC, AAHIVS – Primary Care\HIV Specialist
- Elvisa Kurtovic, NP – Acute Care
- Kristen Harkey, NP – General Surgery
- Wendy Wright, DNP, MS, APRN, FNP-BC, FNAP – Healthcare Education
- Wendy Fletcher, DNP, APRN – Family Medicine
- Jaimie Machado, RN, MSN, APRN – Family Medicine
- Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN – Women's Health
- Christopher Blackwell, Ph.D., APRN, ANP-BC, AGACNP-BC, CNE, FAANP – Clinical and Consultation
- Tina Copple, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, BC-ADM, CDE – Diabetes and Glandular Disease
- Christina Treppendahl, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, AQH – Headache Medicine
NPs are known to provide efficient, high quality and patient-centered care to millions of people across the country. According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are currently 248,000 NPs practicing the U.S., and the NP workforce is expected to continue to grow at a rapid pace.
"NPs are invaluable to our healthcare system because they are bridging a major gap in care delivery in both primary and acute settings. NPs, which are all educated at the graduate level, are meeting patient needs across the lifespan, making major impacts in the lives of patients through evidence-based practice" says Christopher W. Blackwell, Ph.D., APRN, ANP-BC, AGACNP-BC, CNE, FAANP.
Advanced Clinicians, including NPs, PAs, and Certified Nurse Educators (CNEs), were invited to nominate NPs who demonstrated excellence in care quality and delivery, practice and professionalism, and community outreach and involvement. The 10 winners were nominated by their peers for exemplifying excellence in everything that they do.
To learn more about our award winners, please visit www.americastopnp.com.
About Point of Care Network
Point of Care Network (POCN), the largest community of Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) in America and was purpose- built to provide NPs and PAs with peer-reviewed resources to LEARN, EARN, CARE and CONNECT. These resources and tools are FREE for NPs and PAs and have been vetted by an editorial board of Advanced Clinicians. To take advantage of these resources, please visit us at www.pointofcarenetwork.com.
For more information or media inquiries, please contact:
732 861 9656
SOURCE Point of Care Network