NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Polaroid brand today announced the release of its newest innovations in photo and home security taking over the holiday season - the Polaroid Pop instant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop wireless home camera. The Polaroid Pop combines a sleek, modern design and digital technology with 3.5x4.25" border prints. The Polaroid Hoop home security camera stays true to the Polaroid brand DNA elements, including simplicity, elegant design and the mission to make new and exciting technologies accessible to the everyday consumer.
"The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop home security camera initially debuted at CES 2017 to much fanfare," said Scott W. Hardy, President and CEO of Polaroid. "We're excited to have these products on display at IFA and showcase them to the European market. For 80 years, Polaroid has been committed to providing consumers with the latest imaging technology that enables them to easily share their lives. The Polaroid Pop and Polaroid Hoop offer modern takes on this idea for every aspect of consumers' lives."
Polaroid Pop Instant Digital Camera
As the all-in-one solution for capturing and sharing images on-the-go, the Polaroid Pop instant digital camera enables users to shoot and instantly print full color photos as 3.5x4.25" Polaroid border prints. Edit and enhance photos before printing with creative filters, digital stickers and a draw feature that gives the ability to write or draw at the bottom of the photo. The Polaroid Pop quickly and easily connects to a mobile device using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, allowing users to save photos taken with the camera as well as print photos saved on a mobile device.
The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera will have a MSRP of $199.99; a 10-pack paper will have a MSRP of $9.99. Additional features include:
- MicroSD card slot to support up to 128GB of storage
- 3.97-inch touchscreen LCD for framing shots and navigating the camera's menu
- 20-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Built-in dual LED flash for high quality images, image stabilization
- 1080p full HD video recording capability
The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera uses the revolutionary ink-free Zero Ink® Printing technology developed by ZINK. The ZINK-enabled printer uses heat to activate and colorize cyan, yellow and magenta dye crystals embedded in the paper. The result is full-color, high quality, long-lasting and smudge-proof images without ink cartridges, ribbons or toner. The 3.5x4.25" photo prints in just under a minute so consumers can instantly share the photo with friends and family.
Polaroid Hoop Home Security Camera
The Polaroid Hoop home security camera offers 1080p high-definition video resolution and a 140-degree lens with a wide-angle view to maximize coverage. The Polaroid Hoop is simple to set up with an easy-to-use app available for Android and iOS. The Polaroid Hoop will have a MSRP of $179.99 for the indoor camera and $199.99 for the outdoor camera.
- Stylish and Sleek - The affixed base of the Polaroid Hoop home security camera can be placed on a shelf or table or be easily mounted to a wall or ceiling.
- Indoor or Outdoor - The camera is available in two models, indoor and outdoor, with a weatherproof construction on the outdoor version to withstand the elements.
- Grouping - Users can install several throughout their home and monitor and access footage from one app. Cameras are grouped together and labelled to easily capture and identify events in specific areas of the home, or schedule recordings in a particular area. The primary account holder can assign, manage and share access to specific cameras with friends and family.
- Intelligent Monitoring and Alerts - The Polaroid Hoop offers advanced monitoring capabilities that detect events and automatically alert the user via the app and push notifications. Users can set specific zones and only trigger an alert should anything change within that area of the frame. The Polaroid Hoop also leverages a proprietary algorithm that over time can learn to distinguish between normal daily events and those that occur unplanned.
- Storage - When the camera detects an event, it automatically records the footage for the duration of the event and sends a push notification to the user's smartphone to view the file locally on an optional microSD card or store in the cloud for up to seven days for free.
The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop home security camera were designed in partnership with renowned design firm, Ammunition, the studio that was also behind the Polaroid Zip instant photoprinter, Polaroid Snap line of instant digital cameras and Polaroid Cube and Polaroid Cube+ lifestyle action cameras. Led by industrial designer Robert Brunner, Ammunition has partnered with award-winning consumer brands including Adobe, Beats by Dre, Square, Lyft and Williams-Sonoma.
Offered by C+A Global, an authorized Polaroid licensee, the Polaroid Pop instant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop home security camera will be available at retailers throughout the United States starting in October 2017. Both products will also be on display at IFA 2017 in Berlin, Germany, September 1-6 in hall 11.1 booth #130. To learn more, please visit polaroid.com
Polaroid is one of the world's most trusted, respected and recognizable brands, with a rich 80-year history built primarily on Polaroid instant cameras and film. The company's complete range of products was designed to deliver the fun, instant gratification and creative freedom for which the brand has long stood. Today, the Polaroid Classic Border Logo, rooted in the instant photo sharing that Polaroid pioneered, is the mark of genuine Polaroid branded products. For more information, visit Polaroid.com.
Polaroid, Polaroid & Pixel, Polaroid Color Spectrum, Polaroid Pop, Polaroid Hoop, Polaroid Cube, Polaroid Zip, Polaroid Snap and Polaroid Classic Border Logo are trademarks of PLR IP Holdings, LLC, used under license.
Contact for C+A Global:
Contact for Polaroid:
R&J Strategic Communications