NEW YORK, Aug. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The market size of PMMA was USD 4.20 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 5.56 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 4.7% between 2016 and 2021. The market is largely driven by the increased demand from end-use industries. In addition, the rising demand for high quality thermoplastics increases the demand of PMMA, globally.
"Electronics, the fastest-growing application of PMMA"
PMMA-based products form a major part of the electronics industry due to its optical properties, strength, structural stability, durability, and resistance to chemical and weathering among others, making them suitable for various applications. They are widely used in LED screens, LCD screens, appliances parts & accessories, and cover panels. Rising demands for electronic devices in Asia-Pacific are expected to boost the market for PMMA in the electronics segment.
"Asia-Pacific to dominate the market during the forecast period"
The rising demand for high quality plastics is driving the market for PMMA in Asia-Pacific. The market in the region is mainly driven by the increased demand from China and India, where China is the largest market. The major end-use industries, namely, automotive and electronics are gaining momentum in the region, which is increasing the demand of PMMA. Furthermore, the rising demand from the construction industry is estimated to boost the market for PMMA in the region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for the several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (37%), Tier 2 (50%), and Tier 3 (13%).
- By Designation: C-level (50%), Director Level (31%), and Others (19%)
- By Region: North America (28%), Europe (33%), Asia-Pacific (22%), Latin America (11%), and the Middle East & Africa (6%).
Various key players profiled in the report include Arkema SA (France), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd. (Japan), Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) (Saudi Arabia), Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Chi Mei Corporation (Taiwan), GEHR Plastics, Inc. (Germany), and Kolon Industries Inc. (South Korea).
Reasons to buy this report:
This research report is focused on various levels of analysis—industry trends, market share analysis of the key players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the overall views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the PMMA market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on PMMA offered by the key players in the global PMMA market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the PMMA market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets-the report analyzes the market for PMMA in various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global PMMA market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the PMMA market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04042224-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/polymethyl-methacrylate-market-by-grade--form--and-application---global-trends--forecasts-to-2021-300310810.html