CLEVELAND, March 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), will have a dynamic, collaborative presence at NPE 2015 this week, including a customer innovation center, 3D printing sponsorship and exhibition, and the launch of five new solutions. NPE is widely recognized as the premier trade show and conference for the North American plastics industry.
"We're excited to talk with customers at NPE about the ways in which our specialty formulations, technical and design services, and innovative material science can be used to energize their product development process," said Cathy Dodd, vice president, Marketing, PolyOne Corporation.
PolyOne's customer innovation center will highlight advanced polymer formulations that help companies differentiate, grow and reach their business goals. As a co-sponsor and exhibitor at NPE3D Printing Premier, PolyOne will display its progress in developing materials for 3D printing, as well as examples of prototypes and tooling.
"We are working to find ways in which 3D printing can take our customers to a new level of innovation. Together with our design resources, we are exploring this technology to help customers evaluate multiple iterations faster and optimize their manufacturing process, as well as their product's performance and aesthetics," Dodd explained.
PolyOne will also feature IQ Design Labs and InVisiOSM Color and Design Services at NPE as well. Combining design and market insights with specialty colorants and polymers, these services inspire creativity and leverage design, materials and color development expertise at the beginning of product development projects to reduce risk, strengthen brand equity and increase speed to market.
PolyOne's new technologies that will launch at NPE 2015 include:
- ColorMatrix™ Select is a cloud-based liquid color selection and supply service that combines advanced liquid colorants, Web-accessed software, and automated dispensing technology to enable brand managers, converters and designers to take greater control of their color development and supply chain.
- Versaflex™ VDT Vibration Damping TPE for Overmolding enables manufacturers of consumer electronics, power tools, sporting goods and appliances to add comfort and resilience to their products, providing a better end-user experience.
- Geon™ BIO flexible vinyl is a non-phthalate material that offers 30% biobased content with no performance tradeoffs and excellent processability for healthcare, footwear and furniture applications.
- reSound™ NF reinforced materials are based on an eco-conscious, natural fiber-filled technology and are in evaluations at several key automotive OEMs for use in under-the-hood, lighting, and semi-structural components.
- Geon™ Bold vinyl solutions are dark, richly colored materials that stand up to the elements, especially heat build up, without losing their intensity or performance for windows, fencing, decking, and siding.
PolyOne Corporation, with 2014 revenues of $3.8 billion, is a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. The company is dedicated to serving customers in diverse industries around the globe, by creating value through collaboration, innovation and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Guided by its Core Values, Sustainability Promise and No Surprises PledgeSM, PolyOne is committed to its customers, employees, communities and shareholders through ethical, sustainable and fiscally responsible principles. For more information, visit www.polyone.com.
For more information on PolyOne at NPE 2015, please visit npe.polyone.com.
To access PolyOne's news library online, please go to polyone.com/news.
SOURCE PolyOne Corporation