LAS VEGAS, Oct. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- PowerCloud™ Systems, the leading software platform provider for enabling Networking as a Service (NaaS), today announces the immediate availability of CloudCommand™ OPEN, its aftermarket cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) platform, initially supporting two Wi-Fi hardware platforms – the Ubiquiti Networks' Unifi family of access points and the Arada Systems' MaxR family of access points.
The CloudCommand OPEN platform transforms stand-alone access points into affordable, cloud-managed, enterprise-grade networks and targets wireless Internet service providers (WISPs) and wireless managed services providers (MSPs). By combining the CloudCommand OPEN platform with affordable hardware from Ubiquiti Networks and Arada Systems, services providers gain all the tools required to deploy, configure, secure and manage business-critical Wi-Fi networks at a fraction of the cost of traditional controller-based systems.
PowerCloud Systems also announces today that WISP-Router, Inc., a leading North American wireless distributor (http://store.wisp-router.com), is the first distribution partner for the CloudCommand OPEN solution.
- PowerCloud Systems is the developer of CloudCommand, a multi-tenant software platform that can be integrated with networking devices to deliver cloud features and capabilities such as multi-customer remote administration, hardware self-configuration, multi-location coverage, customizable hotspot functionality, a patented two-factor security setting called Individual Device Authentication (IDA), real-time monitoring and performance reporting.
- CloudCommand OPEN is specifically designed as an aftermarket software as a service (SaaS) platform for WISPs and wireless MSPs. When combined with Ubiquiti Networks' and Arada Systems' access points, it provides cloud-managed Wi-Fi networking solutions that deliver business-grade features and complete remote manageability for a fraction of traditional enterprise costs.
- WISPs and wireless MSPs manage CloudCommand OPEN networks remotely through the cloud, thereby saving time and boosting profitability. CloudCommand's Networking as a Service (NaaS) business model empowers them to manage customer Wi-Fi networks in real time, thereby developing new and profitable recurring revenue streams.
- Vertical markets applications include retail, hospitality, education, healthcare, legal/financial services and public-access areas such as libraries and convention centers.
- PowerCloud Systems Director of Sales Jim Steinbacher is participating on a panel discussion about cloud-managed networking opportunities for WISPs, "How to Float on the Cloud," at the WISPAPALOOZA 2011 conference on Tuesday October 11, 2011, at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas.
Jeff Abramowitz, Founder and CEO of PowerCloud Systems:
"CloudCommand dramatically improves the ability for WISPs and wireless MSPs to provide enterprise-grade Wi-Fi to their customers with a business model that provides new and profitable revenue streams. By integrating CloudCommand with leading hardware platforms that offer excellent connectivity and exceptional value, PowerCloud Systems brings affordable, managed Wi-Fi to the mainstream."
About PowerCloud Systems
PowerCloud Systems is the leading software platform provider for enabling Networking as a Service (NaaS). Its CloudCommand technology provides OEMs and service providers with the quickest, most powerful and cost-effective path for adding comprehensive cloud capabilities to their new and existing networking equipment. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., PowerCloud Systems is a spin-out from PARC that is funded by PARC, Walden Venture Capital and Javelin Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.powercloudsystems.com.
For more information, contact
Peter Mullen, PowerCloud Systems, Inc.
SOURCE PowerCloud Systems