SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- PredPol, the leader in predictive policing, will be introducing their Command Analytics Platform this week at the annual meeting of the International Association of Police Chiefs (IACP) in Chicago. Command Analytics is a suite of high-level features designed for command staff, watch/shift supervisors, detectives and crime analysts. Command Analytics is designed to provide quick and simple access to data from records management systems (RMSs), GPS tracking systems, and other departmental data stores.
"With Command Analytics, PredPol is providing what our customers have been requesting: an intuitive, easy to use tool for crime analysis, resource deployment and report generation. Our Command Analytics suite allows near real time analysis of historical crime information, using natural language inquiries and a user interface designed to allow first time users to be up and running within minutes," stated PredPol's CEO, Larry Samuels.
Command Analytics takes PredPol beyond predictive policing with features such as Crime Search, Radar, Mission Control, Patrol Dosage, and Vehicle Pathing. This collection of features is easy to use and simplifies report generation, high-level crime history analysis, and resource deployment analysis:
- Crime Search provides a simple interface to search RMS data by crime types, districts, violation codes, event descriptions, dates, address, or incident number. Results search can be displayed on a map or in list format, and results can be downloaded in CSV format for further analysis.
- Radar shows crime rates over time and tracks crimes that have occurred within prediction boxes. Radar supports variety of date comparison options.
- Mission Control allows departments to set different predictive priorities at a granular level, including district/beat, shift and day of week.
- Patrol Dosage keeps track of how much patrol time is spent in the boxes. It is a valuable tool for tracking the effectiveness of predictions and patrols towards reducing crime.
- Vehicle Pathing uses GPS or AVL data to show the route history for vehicles throughout their shifts. It shows not only where vehicles have been, but also for how long. This feature supports Patrol Dosage as departments monitor deployment of their assets as they work to reduce crime.
"PredPol helps us by providing that day to day, shift to shift direction when it comes to manpower allocation. It has given the everyday patrol officer a tool and the ability to focus on areas of concern instead of guessing or simply using anecdotal analysis from the daily call sheets. PredPol also allows our analyst the time to look deeper into more complex criminal analysis when it relates to crime series and patterns," explains Hagerstown Department of Police Captain, Paul Kifer.
PredPol continues to be an innovative and proven technology platform that helps law enforcement agencies reduce crime. These new features will continue to support that mission, while also simplifying the process of getting critical data directly into the hands of key decision-makers.