CONCORD, N.C., Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- PreGel America, the North American headquarters of Italian-based specialty dessert ingredient manufacturer, PreGel S.p.A., is pleased to announce the appointment of John Gibson as Director of Operations. Having been with the company since 2013, Gibson was promoted from his previous role as production manager and will utilize over 25 year of progressive experience in the dessert industry to execute the following responsibilities:
- Make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the operation to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise managers from different departments, including Distribution, Import/Export, Procurement, Manufacturing, Food Science, and R & D
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
"In order to optimize the structure within our organization, I decided to create a new position, Director of Operations, to oversee logistics, procurement, and production, and ensure overall efficiency," said Marco Casol, CEO, PreGel America. "Based on his professional experience, achievements, and stellar performance as production manager, I felt that John Gibson was the best fit for the position," Casol added.
During his term as production manager at PreGel America, Gibson:
- Created a direct line of communication between all supporting departments;
- Streamlined the company's process for receiving orders;
- Scheduled production to reduce lead times, and created maximum efficiencies;
- Worked closely with manufacturing team to tighten up all processes and procedures.
"I'm very excited and honored by this new opportunity," Gibson says. "In this position, I can employ my appreciation for learning new things and bringing teams together; challenging the status quo, and looking at different ways to create operational excellence to better serve our customers."
Your Passion. Our Ingredients. It's not just a slogan; it's what PreGel believes in.
For more information, visit www.pregelamerica.com.
About PreGel America
Established in 2002, PreGel America is a B2B developer, manufacturer, and distributor of authentic, high quality, shelf-stable, semi-finished dessert ingredients and supplies. With main headquarters in Reggio Emilia, Italy, the company's diverse product lines fulfill the supply needs for artisans of Gelato, Sorbetto & Ice Cream, Soft Serve Ice Cream, Pastry & Confections, and Specialty Beverages. Additionally, PreGel hosts five International Training Centers within major U.S. cities including Charlotte, NC; Los Angeles, CA; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Chicago, IL; and Dallas, TX as well as three distribution facilities in the East, West, and Central regions. The company services all segments of the foodservice and noncommercial foodservice industries, as well as U.S. distributors.
SOURCE PreGel America