LAS VEGAS and PETERBOROUGH, N.H., May 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Pre-kindergarten educators and their unique needs will be the focus of a dedicated strand of learning sessions at the SDE 2017 National Conference. The I Teach PreK! strand will address topics most often requested by PreK educators, including readiness, early literacy, number sense, behavior/classroom management, STEM, and more. The 2017 National Conference hosted by Staff Development for Educators (SDE) will be held July 10–14, 2017, in Las Vegas, NV.
"We know what constitutes a well-run PreK classroom. It's multi-dimensional and focused on the emotional, social, and cognitive readiness for kindergarten. It fosters the independence and natural curiosity of children and their sense of wonder. And, it plays out in a teacher-facilitated, play-based learning environment. Only at I Teach PreK! can PreK teachers become well-versed and confident in all these critical areas," Beth Nee, SDE program developer, says.
From the first day of the conference through the last, teachers will be engaged in their choice of 75+ lively sessions. "PreK educators want to be involved in their learning and our hands-on and interactive sessions invite them to learn, practice, and apply in a fun format," Nee adds. Featured sessions include:
- Adapting Your Learning Centers to Include All Students is about using differentiated instruction to efficiently make the adaptations necessary to ensure all learners with special needs are reached.
- Incorporating the iPad® & Smart Board® in Daily Activities shares how to expand and support your existing instruction and hands-on learning experiences with simple iPad and SMART Board activities.
- Doing What Matters for Young Children provides an overview of the science of early childhood and outlines what teachers can do to reduce inequality and improve quality early learning experiences for all.
- Give Me a Break...a Brain Break! introduces short movement activities that help children focus and give them a positive outlet for energy and wiggles.
- Picasso Meets Einstein! Discovering Math & Science Through Art is about getting children truly jazzed about math and science and bringing their discoveries to life through visual, hands-on, and sensory art experiences.
"We invite every PreK educator to attend. High-energy sessions on the topics that matter ensure a quality learning experience that'll pay off for years to come," Nee says.
To register for SDE's national conferences and pre-conferences, upcoming PD events, or other professional development opportunities, visit www.SDE.com, call 1-800-462-1478, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDE is one of America's leading providers of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through Onsite PD, PD Events, Web-Based PD, and PD Resources, the company empowers teachers and administrators across the country with ongoing professional development that is not only research-based, innovative, and rigorous, but also practical, motivating, and fun. All SDE training is presented by the nation's top authors and educational experts, with the goal of creating extraordinary classrooms that prepare students for the evolving demands of the 21st century.
For more information about SDE, educators are encouraged to visit www.sde.com, or to call 1-800-462-1478.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prek-experts-to-explore-readiness-early-literacy-number-sense-and-more-at-sde-2017-national-conference-300448621.html
SOURCE Staff Development for Educators