WAKEFIELD, Mass., May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- With the warmer spring weather returning to the Boston area, this is a great time for homeowners to make sure their air conditioning units can handle the summer heat before it arrives. Greater Boston-based 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, a BBB A+ rated home service company with over 700 5-star reviews online, has tips to help Boston area residents prepare for the summer heat.
"Your air conditioner accumulates dust and dirt throughout the year, making it less efficient and raising your utility bill," says Ryan Williams, General Manager of 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric. "More than half of our air conditioning service calls last year were due to problems that could have been prevented with regular AC tune-up and maintenance."
To prepare for the sweltering summer days ahead, Williams offers these tips to help Boston residents make sure their air conditioning systems will run at maximum efficiency this summer:
- Call a professional for AC maintenance – During an annual maintenance, a licensed technician goes through a checklist to ensure proper operation throughout the season. Checking for leaks, refrigeration levels, and other items could potentially stop foreseeable future problems. Some manufacturers require yearly maintenance to keep multi- year warranties on parts valid.
- Change your filter -- Manufacturers recommend replacing standard air filters monthly. A clean filter helps prevent the dust and grime buildup that could damage your unit. Pets in the home, highly-polluted areas, and a large number of people living in the home are great reasons to change the filter often. Media filters and whole-home purification systems are optimal for keeping the air clean, filtered and purified.
- Keep debris clear from exterior unit – Your exterior air conditioning unit needs to have a 2-foot area of clear space to work properly. Keep the area free from low hanging branches and shrubs.
- Clear obstructions from registers -- Inside your home, your registers need access to airflow. If there are obstructions around the register, the unit may not work properly. Make sure that there are no rugs or furniture that may be in the way of airflow.
- Consider your attic units -- Check your overflow pan throughout the summer for present water. No one wants to come home to a leaking, damaged ceiling!
For more information, please call 1-888-419-4233 or visit www.call128.com.
About 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric
128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, was founded in Wakefield, Massachusetts more than 25 years ago. Since their start, 128 PHCE has expanded and grown to become Eastern Massachusetts's most trusted and consistent plumber, heating and air conditioning service company with over 700 reviews online. For more information, call 888-419-4233 or visit www.call128.com.
President, Ripley PR
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prepare-your-boston-home-early-for-the-summer-heat-300457466.html
SOURCE 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric