SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, voted the #1 international cruise line in Japan, announced its 2019 program featuring Japanese-built Diamond Princess returning for her sixth season, sailing roundtrip from Tokyo (Yokohama) and Kobe.
The March-November 2019 season on sale today, features 60 departures on 40 unique itineraries, visiting 41 destinations in seven countries, more ports than ever before. Offerings include access to 11 UNESCO World Heritage sites and nine late night port calls.
"Japan is a culturally rich country with an abundance of local entertainment, historical sites and culinary experiences for our guests to embrace," said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises and Carnival Australia group president. "Cruising is the best way to explore this island nation and Princess has been recognized the number one international cruise line in Japan."
2019 Deployment Highlights
- Maiden port calls on Diamond Princess to Gamagori, Himeji, Matsuyama, Niigata, Miyako and Takamatsu
- Nine departures during the popular Spring Flowers season, visiting many top cherry blossom and spring flowers sites throughout all of Japan
- Seven departures providing access to some of the most popular summer festivals in Japan including the Aomori Nebuta Festival, Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival and Akita Kanto Festival
- Three voyages include viewing of the Kumano Grand Fireworks Festival visible from the decks of the Diamond Princess, a display of over 10,000 fireworks
Festival and Event Experiences
- Five voyages with late night stays in Aomori during the Aomori Nebuta Festival, which features Nebuta float figures, traditional music, and many vibrant dancers, easily accessible on foot from the port
- Three voyages providing access to many popular August festivals including Akita Kanto Festival, Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival and Tokushima Awa Dance Festival featuring late night stays in each city to allow for more exploration:
- Akita Kanto Festival features a procession of 200 bamboo poles with lanterns weighing over 100 pounds carried on the palms, foreheads, shoulders or backs of the celebrants
- Kochi Yosakoi Dance festival is one of Japan's ten largest festivals attracting fans from all across Japan
- Tokushima Awa Dance Festival one of the most famous summer dance festivals, which dates back to the 1500s featuring dancers performing throughout the city well into the night and known for the famous "Fool's Dance"
- Two voyages visiting Japan's northern island of Hokkaido during the Fall Foliage season in October
Additional 2019 Japan Deployment Offerings
- Variety of Southern Islands cruises allowing guests to experience a different climate and culture, with calls to the isles of Okinawa and Ishigaki or Miyakojima, and to Taipei (Keelung), Taiwan
- Multiple Circle Hokkaido cruises including late night stays in Hakodate, home to the Mt. Hakodate cable car with breath-taking views of the city at night
- Nine-day Circle Japan or Sea of Japan voyages circumnavigating the country visiting top-rated cultural ports
- International stops to Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and China
- The Highlights of Japan Cruisetour - includes the main sights in Kyoto and Tokyo. Kyoto, the center of Japanese culture for more than a thousand years, exemplifies the art of Japanese gardens. Guests can enjoy sightseeing at Nijo Castle and the famed Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion) or immerse themselves in the history of Nara with the Great Buddha of Todaiji Temple and Kasuga Taisha Shrine while en route to the bullet train for Tokyo. After experiencing central Tokyo, explore the UNESCO World Heritage site of Mt. Fuji with stunning views from Togendai and Lake Ashi.
- The Temples & Traditions of Japan Cruisetour - an extended version of Highlights of Japan with two additional nights in the UNESCO Creative City of Kanazawa. This area is rich with Japanese culture and tradition where guests can experience the Higashi Chaya District, a historic Geisha district, as well as Nomura Samurai House. Guests will be introduced to the art of sushi making where they will make their own sushi lunch. Many meals and an experienced Tour Director are included on both cruisetours.
Captain's Circle Early Booking Deposit Saving
A reduced deposit of 10 percent is available for Captain Circle's guest's bookings made by August 31, 2018.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. As an award-winning destination leader offering international cruise vacations, Princess carries two million guests each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in length from three to 114 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL;NYSE: CUK).
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news.
SOURCE Princess Cruises